Finishing up this final post. I’ll link up to the Parade on Kathleen McMusings blog as soon as it opens.
I started with an embroidered block that I never fully finished. My Post from January 17th
Then came Round #1. Hourglass Blocks
Round #2 was ‘Make It a Double”
Round #3 Animal Kingdomand #4 Curves followed.
Round#5 . Two Colors and the final Round #6 Quilter’s Choice
And now the finish, I hand stitched the binding down at my Thursday Stitchers gathering last Thursday the 19th.
As I was studying where I might add some final touches of beads, I discovered I missed quilting the left Double Tulip block. I marked it with a pin so I wouldn’t forget.
I put small triangles at the two upper corners on the back. I like to use small 1/4” dia. dowels to hang small things.
And it’s done! Hanging for an outdoor glamour shot:
It does need a label, but I call it done.
Also linking up at Finished or Not Friday ‘cause ya gotta celebrate every little finish !
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.






Your finished quilt is lovely; how big did it finish? It was fun to follow along and watch it evolve over the SAHRR.
ReplyDeleteThat is a pretty wall hanging. Will you put it up in your sewing room?
ReplyDeleteThose pansy borders always make me smile, as I knew you really wanted to use that fabric...and you did! All the prompts were skillfully made into one charming small quilt -- congrats on finishing the SAHRR 2026 challenge! It's lovely!
ReplyDeleteJudy, that is so pretty! From the beginning, I have loved the pansy fabric - it's the perfect inspiration for a purple quilt. Beautiful finish!
ReplyDeleteJudy, it's a lovely wall hanging. I love that pansy fabric - it's one of my favorite flowers. It was fun watching this develop. Congrats on your finish.
ReplyDeleteI love this quilt all those borders play together beautifully :)
ReplyDeleteI love your purples - the pansy fabric is beautiful. You have a really pretty hanging - nicely done!
ReplyDeleteLinda at rubymitch12@yahoo.com
Sweet! Lovely colors and a great finish!
ReplyDeleteFantastic finish, Judy! Thanks for quilting along with us this year. We hope you will join the fun again next year.
ReplyDeleteSo very pretty! I love the purple theme and the migrating geese! A fine finish to be proud of!
ReplyDeletecongrats on your beautiful interpretation of the prompts and keeping it small... I thought I could originally.
ReplyDeleteI like your outdoor shot too
LeeAnna
Love this idea of a little quilt. You assamble so clever and love this color combi. You could be proud. Thanks for inspiration, need to go smaller next year! Love the embroidery in the middle. Wendys eva
ReplyDeleteA very cute finish! It's so nice and springy with that lovely purple!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy, what a great little quilt! Making it around an embroidered block is a great idea. Have a lovely day!
ReplyDeleteOh Sew Fun!! and what a great way to participate!
ReplyDelete