Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 19, 2026

I LIKE Thursday #273

 

We had snow earlier in the week. Not much accumulation. The geese from a local lake visited on Monday.



Not sure why there were just 5. Canada geese mate for life. I’m thinking the lone one may have lost his or her mate.  




LeeAnna asks: 


march 19 2026

What was your least favorite food as a child? Do you still hate it or do you love it now?

My mother ate sour cream on toast with maple syrup. I thought it was so gross. I never had to eat it though. So does it qualify as my least favorite?  

But I love sour cream now. Not on bread with maple syrup, but on potatoes, in potato soup, stirred in chili, as a base for a chip dip. Of course on tacos  and enchiladas, etc. 


Monday afternoon was my book club meeting. It’s also Spring Break, some members were caring for grandchildren. So we were a small group. We discussed this book. 



We agreed it was a fun easy read. According to our resident author, it hit all the beats of the publishable historical western romance. The best part was the setting. The Oregon Trail through Wyoming. Places I have been and often wondered how on earth the wagon trains made it through the terrain. 

Our next book is:




Sorry for the poor photo. It was dark outside when I snapped my phone camera. The pink drippy streak has me concerned. Is it blood? Or did the heroine spill her nail polish?


I had my annual Medicare follow-up yesterday . While I was waiting for Dr. Leslie to come in, I noticed this little sign .  I think I need this for my desk! I giggled out loud!




Check out LeeAnna’s post at Not Afraid of Color. She writes a fun blog and has links to others who share their week. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!





4 comments:

  1. such a cute sign! Your mother ate sour cream a new way to me, I like it on many things just not bread! That drip might be a scary story coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of sour cream with maple syrup on toast! But love it in all the ways you mentioned. I read and really enjoyed God of the Woods, but don't remember anything about why that pink drip is on the cover (I suppose even if I did, I'd better not say, lol)! Great sign in your doctor's office!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to see This World So Fierce and the sequel A World Alone on your club's reading list. If so, let me know and I'll answer questions if you'd like.
    As for the giggle, I should give my son something like this. He claims he knows everything and won't let anyone else have an opinion. That's his dad's DNA on steroids!

    ReplyDelete