I’m joining with friends at Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching today. Not a lot of stitching progress here. But it’s not so much the destination as the journey for me. Don’t get me wrong, I get excited to finish a stitchery, but the fun is in the doing!
I started on the Woven Wreath’s Sun for August, last week, but did not finish. I attended a 3 day Sew-In or Mini Retreat. Meet and sew and visit and share for 3 days in a row. But sleep in your own bed at home. It’s very popular! I did some block construction.
Not quite 1/2 way with the Sun, but getting there. Stitched Saturday night while watching a new Apple+ movie. The Instigators with Matt Damon, Casey Affleck. Several other faces and names you will recognize, Hong Chau, Ving Rhames, Paul Michael Hauber and Ron Perlman to name a few. But sadly, no recommendation from either of us!
I was disappointed. I like these guys and wish I would have liked the movie!
Today I will continue the Sun. There are lots of stitches necessary in this small design. Very cute though, isn’t it?





Nice orange scrappy blocks! The temperature heart is a great way to keep track of the daily ups and downs. Sunflowers are a theme this time of year. Gail at the Cozy Quilter
ReplyDeleteI agree - it's often the stitching journey (and not just the final product) that is the best part of hand-stitching! There's no hurry to get that sun done - there's lots of August left. Too bad about the movie - it sounds like it ought to be good!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletewhoops wrong movie!
ReplyDeleteI love your scrappy orange blocks, Judy! And your temperature heart is so unique and colorful! Interesting!!!
ReplyDeleteOh darn, I was thinking of watching that. I usually like Matt Damon.
ReplyDelete