Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching August 4

 



If there is slow time this Sunday I will begin on the Sun on Woven Wreaths. I have company!  I took time to watch the video on Thursday evening. Pretty much stitches we’ve already done, but there are a lot! 🙂



All last week I worked on the Winter SAL. I have a problem. The words Warm Mittens are made up of two rows of light aqua X’s for the vertical parts of the letters. Then the remaining parts are a backstitch. I’m using the called for color but it’s hard to read. The W, A,R     are complete but I’m not happy. I attempted a different color, a dark blue used in the first line, on the S.  But I’m not happy with it either. A different Teal was tried on the M, but I pulled it out before I too a photo. But it’s still not right! Any thoughts?




I finally Fully Finished this sampler from last summer. I used a piece of blue Aida. The design is 4x5 with a 1” border on all sides. It’s wrapped around a cube of floral foam attached with sequin pins. Another piece of fabric is on the back, secured the same way. Then a ribbon is wrapped over the seam and tied with a bow on top.



If I get the Sun motif stitched I’ll lay some stitches on the Autumn bell pull I started. 

I’m just getting started!

Joining Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful !

 




3 comments:

  1. Hope you're having fun with your daughter and everyone there! The sunflower sampler looks great - I like how you finished it. I wish I had enough cross-stitch experience to offer advice about the "Warm Mittens" letters. The turquoise floss shows up really nicely - could the back-stitched parts be done in that color instead of the blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I don't like something I rip out and/or redo such as you. I get it. If something bothers you then it always will. What if you auditioned some different shades of blue against the background fabric before stitching. Or stitch a sample letter along the edge. The mittens are adorable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that you need more contrast for the words to show up . Would the white you used for the cross stitch bars work? Or a very pale turquoise ? Love seeing the month by month embroidery project. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete