Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 30, 2024

Table Scraps Challenge ~ orange and basket!



 


  It’s time to show off your Tables Scraps Challenge projects for August. Based on the color selected for August by Angela from Rainbow Scrap Challenge and So Scrapoy- Orange and a prompt published by Joy from The Joyful Quilt - Basket, I started with crumb blocks as I have been doing this year.  My cutting table and cutting surface looked like this several times! 



As the month progressed I searched for ideas! 


 I finally settled on this basket pattern from Ayumi Takahashi. It has been in my pattern notebook since 2009. If you go to  Pink Penguin, there will be a list of her tutorials. She doesn’t post any more but several tutorials are still accessible. It’s called Patchwork Fabric Basket.

I look some liberties with the pattern, instead of patchwork and linen I used “ made fabric” by sewing a plethora of orange and orange like scraps together. 



I used this variegated thread that’s been in my stash forever! One day maybe I’ll use it up!



A close up of the serpentine quilting. 


And my ugly fingernails!  If I do this again with crumb fabrics I will probably just use a medium weight iron on interfacing. The bulk of the batting and all the seams in the crumb blocks made it a struggle to turn right side out! It’s a little basket! 5”wide x 3.5” high x 4” deep.

I didn’t need another little basket so decided to add 2 sets of seasonal napkins made from four fat quarters.




I’ll put this little “surcee” in the mail soon to our youngest granddaughter and her fiancé!

Linking up with Table Scraps Challenge hosted by The Joyful Quilter! 
Also Finished or Not Friday hosted by Alicia Quilts
And ScrapHappy Saturday hosted by Angela at SoScrappy! Phew!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!




7 comments:

  1. What a great project and a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made your crumb blocks into a basket, Judy - it looks great! I bet your granddaughter will love it, and the napkins, too. The perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little "crumb" basket! It looks bigger than that in the first photo. Your granddaughter will love it, and those napkins are adorable. I'm sure Diann rushed right over to the Pink "penguin"! :D I did too and noticed she has a lot of nice tutorials, so thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of scraps while sticking to the theme and getting a gift out of it! That’s a triple play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used your crumbs to make the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift, Judy. Your recipients are sure to enjoy that during Autumn for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, another clever girl who made a 3D basket and also something else! What a lovely gift to send.
    Jane in Australia

    ReplyDelete