I attended a Sleep In Your Own Bed retreat this week hosted by a group I belong to called LooseThreads! We met Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in a large meeting room at our local library. We invited other sewing groups to join us. Some Thursday Stitchers and Material Girls attended. Several people were out of town or working at the Pathfinders Camporee. We had 60,000 campers and staff visited our small city. Almost double our population.
A drone photo of one of their evening assemblies. It was an amazing thing to see.
I managed to sew all 8 of my orange Split 9 blocks and 4 zipper blocks. There were 5, but the fifth had an oops, so it was unsewn and will be remedied today.
And scrappy crumb blocks were started. They will be used in the Table Scraps Challenge for August!
I’m joining other scrappy sew-ers at Angela’s ScrapHappy Saturday!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!




Glad you were able to get so much done at your retreat, Judy! Both sets of blocks look great. Oh no on the miscut piece for the zipper block - I can see myself doing that, too, when in a group of people. Hard to pay close attention to things then!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's a lit of people visiting your town.
ReplyDeleteFun retreat event for you, right there at your library, Judy! Those split 9 patch blocks look like something I need to make--so cute!!! And that crowd!!! What a photo!
ReplyDeleteLove your split-9's!! Mine are on the list of things to do this week. They are so cute. I haven't decided on my final layout yet, so I'm interested to see how you will lay yours out. There's so many variations that are fun.
ReplyDelete