I started last week to just take some photos of stuff I like!
I wanted to try the big heart block, a red was on the cutting table.
Movies:
Killers of the Flower Moon with Robert DeNiro, Leonardo DiCaprio and Lily Gladstone. Good story but very sad and unforgettable!
We also watched Bridgerton and Queen Charlotte. I may have already mentioned those. But we liked them both. Mr Busy is watching Masters of the Air without me. I’m sure the story is s good one, but I can’t watch WWII!
And this week we are enjoying the Prime Time programs on CBS! We can watch CBS live with our Paramount Plus subscription. So NCIS and the FBIs on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesdays and Thursdays we will look to the streaming services for something else.
Sunday, Mr Busy retuned his book to the library. They were closed, bot they have a drop Bo’s at the building. While he walked up there, I took a photo of one of the statues on the library steps. Not as impressive as the lions at the New York Public Library. But I like our little owl!
We made French toast for breakfast. And opened the bottle of real maple syrup that was a gift from our granddaughter and her fiancé! It was soooooo good!
LeeAnna’s prompt for today!
who is your favorite TV or movie fictional couple? Why do you like them? if not a tv/movie fan, what about books?
My first thought was to go back awhile to Rob and Laura from “ The Dick Van Dyke Show”! But more recently I enjoyed watching Jack and Rebecca Pearson and Randall and Beth on “This Is Us”? I think I like them, because their characters were loving, able to be truthful to each other. I understand the dialogue was written for them, but they were believable to me. I like many couples on movies and on TV. I just finished reading Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead. I did not like any of the couples in that story! It wasn’t a love story about couples!
Oh, one last like before I go. Shamrock Shakes are back at McDonald’s! Our McDonald’s hasn’t had shakes for months! I was glad to have a chance to have one!




We need to watch Killers of the Flower Moon, it took place around Pioneer Woman territory. We lived in a town east of there right after we got married.
ReplyDeleteI'd be interested to know what Mr Busy thinks of Masters of the Air. We are really trying to give it a chance, but we are both very disappointed in it. I guess we expected it to be as good as Band of Brothers and The Pacific, but it isn't. We don't really care about the characters, and it was filmed "dim and dark" like so many Hollywood movies are lately. Even when the sun is shining it is dim, and many of the scenes take place in a bar, so that doesn't help either. The conversations are dull, but the air battles are pretty exciting.
Hi Judy! I love your Valentine quilt and heart block, and the glitter fabric is fun, too. Oh my gosh - it's time for a Shamrock shake?!!! My sister used to LOVE those and make a special trip just for them. That makes my heart smile just thinking of her and the shakes. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteThe heart mini quilt is lovely, Judy! ❤️. We've been watching "Masters of the Air," and really like it. They've done such a good job portraying the real people that were involved in the events. We also watched "Greyhound" - thanks for the recommendation! That was quite a story. Yummy French toast and your Shamrock shake, too!
ReplyDeleteLOVED this post... forgot about Rob and Laura, they were the best. And I'm mourning the loss of This is Us now that there are so few good dramas on. Yes to Beth and Pearson... some people liked the muscle brother but I am still partial to Pearson as my dream boat guy. Honest. Integrity. loving. And I'm adopted so I know some of his storyline resonated with me.
ReplyDeleteyum mint shakes, any shakes really. I cannot watch nor read anything WW2 as it is too close to happening again.... injustice hurts everyone.
Love, LeeAnna
Goodness - I haven't had a Shamrock shake in decades. Yum. Such a pretty heart.
ReplyDelete