Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 23, 2024

Table Scraps Challenge Feb 2024 = Hearts and Red!



This month, February, Joy chose Hearts as a theme!   And Angela’s color for February RSC was red

I had to do a heart wall hanging or small February table topper. I’ve been wanting to try the scrappy hearts so many loggers are doing this year. The red scraps were on my table, and white too because of the split 9 patches I am doing for RSC. I added a few heart themed scraps, a couple of light red (pink) squares and picked up some orange-y red ones for a little bit of interest. 





The batting is a scrap from under my cutting table. I didn’t even have to piece this one! The backing piece has been in my stash since I did this folded table topper!




Maybe 10 years ago!





 I decided to bring the backing to the front for binding. It will be fun to use this mini quilt and the table topper from years ago, in my February decorating next year! 




I’m linking up with The Joyful Quilter for her Linky Party featuring Hearts❤️ and red fabric. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



9 comments:

  1. That's really pretty, Judy - love looking at all your different reds and pinks! I'm a fan of that heart block, too. :) You're definitely all set for Valentine decorating now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEW super cute, Judy!! Just right for this month's Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty hearts and cute little heart table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the prettiest scraps ever! Your folded project is very eye-catching...wondering if there's a pattern for that? Yes, you will have fun next February when you bring out your new scrappy heart topper! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Valentine projects are so pretty, and I love that candle mat, so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun to find the right fabric in our stash! I love both red heart projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red heart fabrics in a red heart- first class! And so so pretty!
    Jane in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great heart! your older project looks so complicated to make but is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy, bringing the backing to the front for this topper was a great idea! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete