Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 15, 2024

I Like

Good Morning! I’m joining LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color for I LIKE Thursday! 

I’m reading 

and will join my old book club next Monday!  I’m not sure about this book. It is historical fiction, a genre I usually like. The author writes in meticulous detail. It paints a vivid picture, not always beautiful! I don’t consider myself to be a prude, but there is a lot of explicit detail! I am enjoying the story of this young woman who was one of few women who flew airplanes in the 30s and early 40s. 



I had one premade pie shell the fridge. So Tuesday I made a pumpkin pie.  I used the recipe on the pumpkin filling can,  as I always do. My glass pie pan is only 9” and it is shallow. So I had more filling than would fit in the crust. I’ve just baked it like custard in the past. That’s good too. But I remember I had a 1/2 box of spice cake mix. I’ve been trying to make smaller dessert when I do bake. So I decided to add the cake mix to the pumpkin filling. How could it be bad? 
 Note to self: do that again! It’s good. Like spice cake, but pumpkiny! It filled a tart pan, one I sometimes use for quiche. We are enjoying it with Cool Whip!

Oh phooey! My shadow sure darkened the photo. 


Well, I wasn’t thrilled with the outcome of the Super Bowl, we were hoping the 49ers would win. At least it was a close game. Not a runaway! 
 
We had a backyard visitor that we don’t see often. Not a good photo, I’m not a good photographer. He was moving quickly around this tree just outside my kitchen window. I had to look it up, I think I decided it’s a male downy woodpecker!



Lee Anna posed this question :
 
Who was your first crush? (Real or fictional?) how old were you, how did you feel, were you a romantic?  You will a laugh or go “huh?” My first crush was George Peppard! He starred with Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I was 15. Then he was in my home town filming How The West was Won, I got his autograph. Yes I was and still am a romantic!


It snowed again yesterday. Not much, but it is colder. A high of 29 degrees Wednesday. And it snow a bit again overnight. So roads are a bit icy this morning, it looks like!




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Judy! I know exactly who George Peppard is! He is in Banacek which used to play every Saturday afternoon after McMillian & Wife until they changed their schedule. I think he was in the A-Team, too. Maybe?! Your cake/pie looks delicious. I've made that recipe - a spice cake mix and one can of pumpkin. It was one of my Mom's and Sue's favorite and oh so simple to make! Happy Thursday to you, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too remember George...handsome guy! Your cakey/puddingy pie looks and sounds delicious. That's a great shot of your little Downy as they do move quickly. I'm finding it harder to find fiction that I love I notice. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book sounds good - I'll have to put it on my list! Yum on the pumpkin spice cake, too. That was a great idea! I've been substituting pumpkin for oil in muffin mixes lately - it works really well. How fun to get an autograph from your favorite actor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no snow here yet,. and to be around 70 next week.
    I remember George Peppard and he was hot cha cha.
    oh the garbanzo bean soup is so good, it's Cuban spices (I use adobo spice) so it's not hot it's savory. Really basic soup vege, I did leek, garlic, carrot, celery potato, can of beans, so so so good. Many recipes online, one from the Columbia Restaurant I used to visit a lot, but they use sausage, mine is all vege but it will give you starting point.
    We had a woodpecker in Md that was hell bent on pecking down our house, I'd go out like a crazy woman waving my arms to shoo it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh George Peppard - yes - to get his autograph would have sent me into a faint! How The West Was Won is one of my top 5 all time faves. LOVED it and saw it at least 3 times. How cool that part of it was filmed near you!
    Adding the pumpkin filling to the cake mix - yum! I was rooting for the 49ers too. I really like Brock Purdy. There is something about him that reminds me strongly of our grandson!

    ReplyDelete