Again, not a photo heavy post.
Sometimes I get so into a zone I forget about photos. I’m trying to be better about that!
Below is a random photo. I was scrolling through Instagram and came across Jodi Nelson’s page. Jodi is one of the first Crafty, Quilting Bloggers I found way back when. Now she mostly posts on IG as #pleasanthome. Anyway she had a video about changing out your sewing machine needles. She noted that it helps to have a cute container. She has a vintage glass jar. I use a recycled pill bottle, but at least mine has a cute sticker. I got it from a Quilt Retreat several years ago. It says To protect fingers and toes and to prevent tears, put broken needles and bent pins here. Our retreat had a Glamping Theme, hence the little pink camper picture.
Do you have a special container for broken, used needles and bent pins?
Last Thursday evening my 10 year old great grandson sent me a photo on messenger.
It said, Look Gramma a blood moon!
LeeAnna posed these ques:
February 1, 2024
what qualities do you look for/love in a friend? We meet a lot of people but only a few become great friends... think about what you look for in a friend...
It seems to me that I usually don’t go looking for a friend. They just happen . But that being said, I think “like interests” are a factors. And maybe “ like values “! I do have lots of friends that have different political views than mine, but we can still be friends because we share interests and values.
What do you look for in a mate? What qualities can you mention that you believe to be good for a mate
In a mate, for me, it started out with a physical attraction! Then he was kind, helpful, made me feel safe. He’s a good man. We like to do things together and our value systems are similar. Do we disagree? Sometimes, but not often. ❤️ This year, June , we celebrate 60 years! I guess it worked!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


Your little pins/needles container is cute. Mine usually go straight into the trash can - lol! That moon photo is pretty amazing. I'm so glad you said that about still being friends with folks who might not share your political views. There are so many on social media these days who don't agree with that, and I find your view refreshing and kind. :) And thanks for saying that about the physical part of your initial attraction. That was it for me too. I always told my kids, marry someone who you find physically attractive because sometimes that's all you have to get you through the rough spots!
ReplyDeleteNo, I don't actually have a good place to put used needles and pins - thanks for a good reminder, Judy! That's a cute container that you've got. What a great moon photo from your great grandson - wow! And I agree with you (and Linda, above) that good friends don't necessarily have to share the same political views, as long as we agree what to talk (or not talk) about, and kindness is key!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on sixty years! That's impressive!
ReplyDeleteBent pins tend to go right in the trash. But old and bent needles will get woven into a piece of paper or cardboard to prevent getting jabbed. Great photos of the moon. I like your little needle minder, too!
ReplyDelete60 years. I'm jealous and impressed. How lovely to be together that long!
Nice job on the snowman embroidery block. Guess it's time to start the February block! I also use a discarded medicine container for my broken/damaged pins & needles. Mine hasn't been gussied up though with a fancy sticker! Lol!
ReplyDelete60 years is a long time. You're both patient and tolerant I think, with an goal of making life work together. Thanks for being so steadfast as a friend to me, and always kind and notice the little things.
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna