Another finish or almost
I used some of my novelty fabrics a couple of years ago to make these Nine Patch and Rails blocks. Sylvia at Treadlestitches makes the best kids quilts with kid themed novelty fabric and she shared the idea and the tutorial that was originally from Libby at Life on the Hill here. ! In previous posts, I’ve referred to this quilt as a chunky churn dash!!!! I don't know where I got that or why I did that. It is not a churn dash, just similar enough that I mis-typed and then continued!!
Any way, there were 4 pink blocks, so I made one more, put them with some hourglass blocks and a pink border , then donated it to Jack’s Basket in Minnesota.
Then I made a few more to get this layout!I used a denim looking sashing and plaid cornerstones.
I finally chose the red for a border. I do like it, but then I wondered what I would use for a binding.The red would have been great, but I didn’t have enough. I searched and search my chunks of fabric. I even considered a scrappy binding, but this quilt is already really busy. I finally looked online and ordered this one. From Missouri Star Quilt Company in May 2021. It's called Liberty Lane by Stephanie Marrott for Wilmington Fabrics. It is just right.
The light blue cloud flannel was in a tote that a friend insisted I take home with me! Thanks, Kari!
I spent my stitching group time yesterday to get the binding stitched down. I didn’t quite get it done, but it will be finished by tonight!
I’m linking up with Alycia’s Finished or Not Finished Friday This is my second donation to Hands2Help.









Fabulous kid quilts. I think Bonnie Hunter calls that block the Chunky Churn Dash. Great for scraps.
ReplyDeleteThose are so great!!! I love that block!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a fun quilt, Judy! I also thought that block was called a chunky churn dash. I really like the red border and striped binding - they tie everything together. Hooray for a finish!
ReplyDeleteThey are all lovely.
ReplyDeleteI finally understand what a 9 patch quilt is. lol
You are SEW generous to donate these two fabulous quilts, Judy!!
ReplyDeletenice post
ReplyDelete