Good Morning List Makers.! It's To-Do Tuesday over at Texas Quilt Gal. Time to share my list and let you know how I did. I'll link up this post and check in with the others to see their progress.
Last week - November 2 - November 8
1. Work on Chunky Churn Dash aka Nine Patches and Rails. ✔
The borders are attached! Now it goes in the to be quilted pile with a note as to the backing and batting requirements. It's too big for Jack's Basket now, so I will find another place to donate it.
2. Decide on OMG for November and write a post and link up at Elm Street Quilts. ✔
I guess I sort of cheated. My OMG for November included getting the borders on this little quilt. This part of it is done. See my post here. Then check out the other participants at Elm Street Quilts.
3. Finish making the row of 'periods' for Full Stop in greens. ✔
Sort of just OK! I'm running out of background that I used here. So this project is on hold.Lovely glare from the 7:30 am sun coming in my east basement window. I made my "periods" according to directions on Deb A's blog, then I saw Angela's. I'm in a dither now!
4. Keep stitching on Baker Santa (counted cross stitch).✔
I've been stitching most evenings the last week. Some progress is happening. I even purchased a Needle Minder. It a little blue book store.
5. Bonus: trim threads, press seam allowances on En Provence for the quilter! Still nope!
Next Week November 9th - November 15th
1. Keep stitching on Santa Baker.
2. Put Full Stop pieces in a project box til after the Holidays.
3. Start to pack for our trip. I may not participate in To-Do Tuesday until I return to my machine. But maybe I'll share the progress on my hand work. It will depend on the internet and if I get a new laptop and get all my stuff transferred. I know, TMI!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy

Happy Stitching!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the new laptop!
Chunky Churn Dash is looking beautiful! Nice work on your goals. Hope you have fun on your trip. Thanks for linking to To Do Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteJudy, you reminded me that I need a needle minder. I'm forever losing track of my needle. I also need to get a better system of floss control. You'd be horrified to see how my threads look in the bag. Anyway, lots of progress is being made here on your stitching. Borders are good to have ready and that Santa is taking shape nicely. Happy Stitching from me!
ReplyDeleteNine Patch and rails is a colorfull top, a happy an bright I Spy one. This quilt will make someone very happy. I love your new needle minder, Judy and your Baker Santa is a beauty and very well cross stitched. Enjoy your trip.
ReplyDeleteYour chunky churn dash quilt is a happy one! I really like the sashing and borders. I need to make my period row, too - I think Deb A's design is perfect and so simple, but I also liked Angela's rainbow idea. Decisions, decisions! Baker Santa is adorable, and looks fun to stitch! Are you heading out to visit your son for the holidays again this year?
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! I've never seen that pattern before - Chunky Churn Dash. I love it. I really need to PIN it for a different spin on the next quilt I need to make. Your ccs project is coming along nicely - it's a welcome project for the early, dark evenings, right? {{Hugs}} Good job! ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDelete