Two smallish goals this month! We are leaving around the 19th to spend the holidays with family. We travel by car, so it will depend on the weather. I’ll be watching long range forecasts to find the best “window”
I have a Christmas banner that I want to ReDo. It was a gift from my mom years ago. She didn’t make it, but she supported various Craft Shows and Bazaars in her city. If always liked it, but a couple of years ago, when I unpacked my Christmas totes, some red candles had melted and stained the white fabric.
I had removed the appliqued letters and was ready to take it apart completely to replace the white fabric squares. I showed it to a friend and she suggested appliquéing the letters on new squares of white fabric then appliquéing the new white square in place over the pinkish one. I think that will work and be much easier and quicker to finish.
The 2nd little project is to get borders completed for this little kids quilt. I was going to send it to Jack’s Basket but it too big for their 36x36 requirement. I’ll find a place for it! And I’ll try to get a backing pieced also!
So to recap, because I tend to “build the railroad” as Mr Busy is fond of reminding me, these are my goals.
1. Get the NOEL banner redone.
2. Get last two red borders on the Nines and Rails or Chunky Churn Dash!
I’m linking up with Patty’s link up party at:
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy

The banner looks good with the white background blocks.
ReplyDeleteHave a Safe Trip!
hope the weather will be great from your trip to see family!
ReplyDeleteThat Noel banner is going to be awesome! I love the fabric you chose! Your child's quilt is adorable too! Have a safe and happy trip! Hope the weather is good for you!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of a NOEL banner--so pretty...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDelete