Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 28, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday. End of November

 


I'm linking up with Angela at ScrapHappy Saturday!  


Neutral scraps were sewn, a slab was built. Then measured and trimmed to size. 


Then I looked for neutral thread that wouldn’t disappear among the many shades of beige. I found this variegated beige/tan. It works well and I've had it forever!


Using that infamous serpentine stitch on my old Bernina it went pretty quickly!


Next the long sides were sewn together and the corners boxed! I also finished the sewn edges with close zigzag stitch. 




I found a pale floral that seemed perfect for the binding around the top. I thought about using a big stitch to finish it! 
This is an old partial ball of variegated pastel perle cotton. I think #8. But it’s really hard to push a needle through the quilted-ness of the bowl.  So I found a leather zipper pull from something.  A purse maybe....that helped.




So now my light neutral scrap basket is finished and filled with the smaller chunks and scraps. As you can see i have some "yardage", though most is 1/2  to 3/4 of a yard.  Not much larger. 




 I'm loving these baskets to "pretty up" my sewing space and also to be organizational!  Keep an eye on my Basket Buddy, Joyful Quilter!  She and I have a challenge going!  Baskets in every color! 




 Since I am spending the holidays at our son's home, my blogging will experience a bit of hit and miss. Sorry, but time with this one is important!  So we are visiting, watching movies, even a bit of sight seeing!  I will pop in periodically!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




5 comments:

  1. Your neutral string basket is so pretty, Judy! I'm so glad you are able to spend this time with your son - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely basket, and this neutral thread is perfect!
    Have fun visiting your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That floral binding was a beautiful touch to finish off your LIGHT Neutral basket, Judy. Well done! I'm hoping to have my basket completed by the end of the month, but I'm not holding out much hope that it will happen. Life. Sometimes it gets in the way of our quilting plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your basket turned out great and love that thread - I love variegated thread

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your neutral basket is just beautiful! I need to add a light and dark basket to my collection. Always nice to have decorative storage.

    ReplyDelete