Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 12, 2020

I LIKE THURSDAY #18



I'm joining I LIKE THURSDAY at Not Afraid of Color again this week.  Several good things to like this week. The weather has been mild. Mr Busy and I are walking every day. Earlier now, that it gets dark at 4:45!! But right after lunch the sun is usually shining and the infamous Wyoming wind isn't blowing. 



 Beside my chair:



It's a bad photo. But there is my embroidery project. Free of the hoop!  Do you take your stitching off the hoop when you are not stitching? It's a habit I developed a long time ago when I did a lot of counted cross stitch. 

A basket of stitching supplies. Floss and needles. A scissors on a lanyard and magnifying glasses that fit over my regular glasses. The small spiral notebook is a hand written reminder of which floss color I had decided to stitch where. 

Also my phone, because you can't be too far from your peeps! And a cute tiny tin with a Turkey on it!




Some Thanksgiving wall decor. 

This turkey was fun to do!

I'm especially fond of this one. 



And on my buffet :  Table runner plus some  ceramic figurines I painted many years ago, when ceramics was a passion.  




Entertainment:

THIS IS US   is  back....



How can  you not love Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia?


 it’s still a favorite .

Season 5     Sterling K. Brown and Susan Kelechi Watson - Randall and Beth
                    Milo Ventimiglia and Mandy Moore - Jack and Rebecca
                    Justin Hartley - Kevin
                    Chrissy Metz and Chris Sullivan - Kate and Toby
   


No movies to review or point you to this week.  WE( Mr Busy, mostly) have been glued to the news stations. We are pleased with the election turnout mostly. But wanting the nation to get on with the business at hand....transitioning to a new administration. This is hurting us all!

We do break  to watch JEOPARDY. It's been a favorite for many years. Our supper hour is planned around a local Denver News magazine called NEXT and JEOPARDY.  We were so saddened to learn of the passing of Alex Trebek. He fought a brave fight!


I’m reading a book on my tablet! I downloaded Libby that links to my local library. I checked out Born A Crime by Trevor Noah. So far it very interesting! I have it for 14 days. 




And I have started reading On Borrowed Time  by Jenn McKinlay, in paperback. When I entered it to my Goodreads page, I realized it was Library Lovers Mystery #5. I usually will not read a series out of order. But I have started and I don't have the others in the series. So  I will finish this one. And it is kind of good, so far..  I probably will go back and look up the others. A typical Cozy Mystery, but I like that genre. 


I apologize for the fuzzy photos. I saved them from Goodreads.  Usually that works for me, but not this time. 


I hope you will go check out all the other posts on the I Like Thursday post at Not Afraid of Color. LeeAnna does a great job posting her likes and giving us all a place to post ours. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




11 comments:

  1. Love your seasonal wall hangings! So pretty! We've had mild temps too and loved them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should take my embroidery out of the hoop each night, but I haven't been. Maybe now that I've said that, I'll remember! I love your quilty Thanksgiving decorations - especially the turkey one. We were so sad to hear about Alex Trebek. Wonder who will replace him - we watch every night while we eat dinner, and see if we can answer the questions! I really enjoyed the Trevor Noah book - such an eye opener to see how he grew up compared to my boys who are the same age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy. I like that we both joined close together. I love that you post about reading. It gives me ideas on what to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! I am just like you - I want to read a series in order! I'll wait for a book for months if it's the next one to be read. Born a Crime was a good read, I thought. I'll have to look for you on Goodreads. I like getting suggestions from friends right in my inbox. I also adore Jenn McKinlay - she has several good series. I am sorely lately on Thanksgiving decor. Just one wall hanging that I'm aware of, and it's not even out!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like wall hangings - that embroidered one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wall hanging is perfect turkey season. The figurines have a 1950s charm. My mother use to have a set of pilgrim and turkey candles for the table each year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't done any embroidery since I was young but my mom did teach me to take it out of the hoop. Love the wallhangings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy, I use Libby as well to listen to my library audio books. I enjoyed seeing what's tableside. I think I have pretty much the same things with a glass of water or cup of tea. I always slacken the hoop when I'm done a session. Great seasonal decor as you gear up for the big event. Yes, to your country getting things all settled down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we're on the same book wavelength! I'm waiting for book two on audio.
    pretty basket for your supplies and love your fall quilts! That turkey is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stuff by your chair. The turkey tin is so cute. Perhaps I am a fatty, I just love Thanksgiving. Your wall hangings are great as are your ceramic pieces. Book one in the Library Lover's Mystery is Books Can Be Deceiving. I am reading book 2 called Due or Die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just added the Trevor Noah book to my Reading List. Thanks for the recommendation!! That list is getting longer and longer tho!

    ReplyDelete