Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 5, 2020

I LIKE THURSDAY #17

 

I'm linking up with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color with other bloggers to focus on the good stuff! 

And heaven knows I need some good stuff to focus on considering the Election News that just overwhelms the airwaves!


I like ironed pillowcases....and so does Mr. Busy!    So I iron pillow cases.  I always have!


Especially with Linen Fresh from Best Press!


You all probably remember that my great grandkids live far away.  Thank goodness their parents are good about sharing their adventures with the great gramma and Pa.


I like photos shared on Facebook. JR as Ghostbuster Luigi.  He and his daddy made the Ghost sweeper from a vacuum cleaner found in the trash. They painted it and gave it lights! 

And Miss B as a ballerina!  Because who doesn't want to be a ballerina!  Especially,  if you have pink glittery shoes!



I like scraps of fabric turned into jewels. I need more yellow, more orange, more turquoise.


ENTERTAINMENT:

This is Us is back on Tuesday nights.  Just not this last Tuesday because of the Elections. Some of our other favorites have not started yet!  Like...Chicago Wednesday! (Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. )


We watched 3 movies last week,  because neither of us are vested in football this year. We are Bronco fans, but they are in a rebuilding phase!  Not a winning season!


The Queen with Helen Mirren




Moneyball with Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill




And Motherless Brooklyn with Edward Norton, Alec Baldwin, Willem Dafoe! 





And I finished my ninth book.   Temptation by Nora Roberts. I've read lots of  Nora Roberts books. This one is an older one!  And it is typical Nora Roberts. 




Now I have to find a book to read for the next week or two. I have lots to choose from. Maybe Robert Galbraith's  The Silkworm.  Or maybe Death on the Greasy Grass by C.M. Wendelboe.




Til next Thursday
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy. 


6 comments:

  1. I watch all the Chicago shows and will be glad for them to be back and NCIS also. I haven't seen the movie Motherless Brooklyn you mention but I like all those actors - love Nora Roberts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your great-grands are adorable! Don't you love it when Mom and Dad help out with creating the perfect accessory for the costume? Those movies sound good - did you find them on Netflix? Your string blocks are so pretty - love the mix of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy!! I used to iron pillowcases when I was a kid. I LOVED ironing them. Sprinkle just a little water to get them nice and crisp - no starch (Niagara I believe), of course. They look so nice on the bed, too, don't they?! Oh, the littles are so fab. Oh yes - The Queen. I have got to put that on my list. I wanted to see that! And Brad Pitt - you can't really go wrong there. Thanks for the recommendations. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those costumes. How clever to refurbish the vacuum cleaner. Those string blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The costumes are awesome and I agree how clever to refurbish a broken vac. Love your string blocks. Yay for your 9th book this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you get to check in on the grandkids even tho far away. I am not a tv watcher but like an occasional good movie. Motherless Brooklyn has a cast I like but I've not heard of it. Might have to have hubs (a BIG movie-watcher) look it up. My mom had us iron pillow cases but I don't always take the time now. I really do prefer it though!

    ReplyDelete