I’m late getting my post out today! This morning I worked at our annual NEW (North East Wyoming) Quilt Show. I sat and counted the people as they left, my friend Connie, counted the people as they came in. Our venue is an extraordinary county facility And one of the requirements for use was.., only 250 people at a time. That was not a problem this morning. We had steady walk-ins, but also, people looked, shopped and left.
I took some photos...not many! I didn’t stand among others very long.
My friend Jeans’s Garlic Knots from Bonnie Hunter. She lives in a fifth wheel camper while her new house is being built on the family ranch! She stitched this in her little sewing nook! And there is yellow!Yellow in this string quilt too! It was started at a retreat last October and finished in Alabama over the winter. My friend Marva and her hubby are snowbirds. She sews in the camper too! She pieced 4.5 quilts while in Alabama last winter.
I did put my scrappy sprouts from 2019 on the design wall! I rearranged the colors several times and finally ( maybe) settled on this. I need one more each of red, yellow and green. And 2 more brown.
All these parts are cut and yellow is done!
I started “making fabric” for a yellow scrap baskets! I’ve just about used up all the crumbs, I’ll have to cut into chunks and bigger pieces before long.
And I made a yellow and aqua block for Covered in Love. Kat at Kat and Cat Quilts.and Mary of Zippy Quilts call them Fiddlesticks.
I like these, which is why I bought Amanda Jean Nyberg's pattern called Bright Birch Trees.
Kat changed the directions a bit and I had a bit of trouble with the first(aqua) one. It starts out with a 14 inch square. You add strips of pieced fabric then cut to 12.5” for use. I put the strips too far apart and ended up with a piece too large to cut back to 12.5 and not cut off the pieced strips. So I fixed it! It's OK, but I learned some things.
And I leave you with a couple more quilts from the quilt show that have yellow in them.
I'm linking up with Angela's ScrapHappy Saturday. it's 8:02 pm Wyoming time, 10:02 pm Florida time.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy


Those are pretty quilts from the quilt show! Love seeing your sprouts, too. I've been meaning to make some CiL blocks - good to know your experience!
ReplyDeleteI miss a good quilt show this year. all of ours were cancelled.
ReplyDeletelovely quilts - I had thought to do Garlic Knots when I saw the pattern once but never got to it
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilts. The pile of yellow pieces has a pattern of its own.
ReplyDeleteYour Sprouts look SEW lovely, Judy! Best of luck with your YELLOW Quilted Scrap Basket this month. Let me know if you need some more scraps and I'll pop them in the mail to you!
ReplyDelete