Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 30, 2020

I LIKE Thursday #4


I’m joining LeAnna at Not Afraid of Color this morning. She hosts a place to put positive thoughts. 

I LIKE:

By my chair.

Sometimes I grin at the simplest things. Like a can of Bubly in the afternoon.


The tab says, “heya”. It made me smile. 


This is cherry and on the side of the can has a cute  saying also! I’m a fan of Michael Buble.


Last week, Sylvia at Treadlestitches posted about the denim quilt she was making for her son from recycled jeans. She went on to show other recycling she had done.  So it got me to thinking!  I LIKE recycling too. 

Our small city used to have a recycling program called the Blue Bag Program. They only had a outlet for certain types of recyclables. But it was something.  #1 and #2 Plastics, tin, aluminum, corrugated cardboard and mixed paper. (office paper, newspaper, magazines).That took care of a lot of my trash. I felt good about doing my part. Then about 3 years ago, they stopped picking up blue bags curbside for free. Now you have to sign up and of course pay for the service. Or you can sort it your self, and haul it to the CARE center at the County Landfill. Mr Busy and I have more time than money, so he constructed a small recycling center in our garage and we "kept on".  But I also recycle things in my house. You already know I like scraps of fabric, so I recycle fabric. I have two jars that used to hold specialty jams, filled with sugar cubes and powdered coffee creamer, beside my Keurig. 




I have a glass container that used to have a Glade candle in it, that now holds paper clips on my desk. 




And this one will make you shake your head !  I recycled  a take out coffee lid from my favorite coffee shop ( October- Breast Cancer Month so it's Pink) to cover my regular mug at home as I walk out to the front deck or downstairs to my office or sewing room. It doesn't fit snugly, but I hold it in place with my thumb and it works. No more little brown spots on my hardwood floor or carpeted stairs!





I LIKE that  Mr Busy is recovering well from his oral surgery last Thursday. We had only one "iffy" day and that was the very first one. Other than not being able to eat everything he wants to. He is feeling well enough to continue to work on refinishing our back deck, and we took the Gold Wing to the repair shop in South Dakota ( 2 hours away) last Friday. edit: after I wrote this post, we made a quick trip back to the dentist for medicine in a "dry socket" Wednesday afternoon!. .  So it goes! 


That's all for this Thursday. I have a "Squirrel" to go work on. I was scrolling through some quilting type emails and ran across a preprinted panel of mask fronts. 


It's a Moda Fabric panel. And although I don't necessarily need any more adult masks,there are some kids,  I know, who are going back to school!  I think that is ill-advised.....but what can the parents do? 


The panel was available from Stash Fabrics  and it was on sale. I am anxious to do the little ones. I may revamp the directions a bit. I like to be able to use adjustable ear pieces. So I'll probably add a casing to run the elastic or tee-shirt tie through. 

So off to the sewing room I go. 
I'll check back  and visit some of the other's blogs that LeAnna has pointed me to. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy.






8 comments:

  1. I liked this post from start to finish! I love that you care about recycling, me too. They don't recycle as much here in CO as in MD but your re-use is brilliant. I like using the pink lid to get you from one place to another. I used to want some lid on my glass anyway because I had a dog who shook right next to it and I just imagined all the debris going in, lol. Love the mask fabric for kids... ill advised action for sure. When will America take this seriously? Your seltzer can is a fun method to spread cheer!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the dry socket, I hear it is no fun :( Get well soon Mr. Busy! Love your recycled items! The idea of the take out lid on your mug is FANTASTIC! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your recycling ideas, Judy! That's so great that you and Mr Busy have continued recycling even though it's less convenient. In Colorado it different by cities, and our city has both - curbside recycling that's part of the trash pick-up each week, and a recycling center where you can take more unusual stuff. They have a great program here! Glad Mr Busy is doing okay with his recuperation, and hope his dietary possibilities keep increasing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Judy! I love seeing all your recycled glassware about the house. I saved the Glade candleholders for a bit but couldn't find a good use for them. I have used a large plastic container to hold small pieces of batting that I use as stuffing. I like to make a small pentagon-shape ball to match baby quilts. The small pieces of batting works great for stuffing! What a great idea for the reuse of the coffee lid. We have little gnats at work that try to get into my coffee. If I just reused a lid it would work great to keep them out. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Moda fabric panel is awesome! That would make sewing masks a lot more fun. I'm going to look online for some of that! I enjoyed your 'likes' today! I'm like you...little things make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL your recycling made me giggle. When I lived in Oregon they used to recycle almost everything....then I moved to Michigan, where they import garbage. Isn't packaging awesome? When you see something that just makes you smile. Hope Mr. Busy starts feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun stuff. That mask print is terrific! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice post! "These sips don't lie" cracks me up. And of course I love all your recycling. Pre-printed mask fabric--that is so cute, and so 2020. Good luck to Mr. Busy, oral surgery is no fun.

    ReplyDelete