Beside my chair: Monday- a glass of iced tea, unsweetened, no lemon, a bottle of water and my phone! It seems I always have water nearby. And I drink a lot of iced tea in the summer.
Flowers: Mostly wild this time
An iris growing in the ditch near Devil’s Tower, Wyoming!
Daisies in abundance near Newcastle, Wyoming.
Forget-me-nots in a field near Custer, South Dakota.
And Bee Balm near Custer South Dakota.
I like: Garden Art
A plaster Roadrunner. Gift from friends we used to ride motorcycle with. Our motorcycle chapter was named the Gillette Road Runners.
A metal roadrunner. Gift to Mr Busy from our daughter. He’s kind of funky. Our great granddaughter loved them both. She called them “ chickens! “
I like real mail. My SIL is the best correspondent. Frequently, for no reason, I’ll get a hand written note and a real photo or two. And she has such pretty penmanship. I'm not sure you can read it. But the salutation is "Pandemic Greetings!" I'll be keeping this one for a scrapbook or something.
My sis is pretty good about cards and notes too!
This I found on the internet . It seemed appropriate in these days of hate and vitriol that is getting spewed on so many fronts.
Currently Reading: A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
I haven't read Jodi Picoult in a while. I am enjoying this one. Maybe my reading mojo is coming back. This is #3 this year! Sad, I know!
Be sure to go to Not Afraid of Color and check out all the links to the blogs who participate.
Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy








I used to be a good letter writer and then the computers came and now when I try to write my fingers are stiffer and my writing is sloppy - I should actually practice like kids do when young.
ReplyDeleteI love all the places you mention - I miss Wyoming especially I love that state and Montana too - I miss not going to the mountains this year
we've all been distracted... it's harder to read than it used to be... I love getting a hand written letter, and even writing one is fun. My penmanship isn't as nice tho... your flower images are so gorgeous... I love the color in the iris, and the forget me nots
ReplyDeleteI drink lots of iced tea, no sugar no lemon no ice! I want it not diluted! I mix green tea with constant comment bags to make a half gallon for the week. Love the quote, you find the best quotes.
LeeAnna
Hi Judy, I noticed your knitted dish cloth in your photo. The last thing my Mom knit was dish cloths and I have a bag of them. I use them as coasters to preserve them a little.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, staying hydrated is so important. I'm a thirsty person so I always have water handy year round.
Loved seeing the flower photos and we have the same array here in Ontario. How lucky to get real mail which is getting to be a scarce event. Take care now.
So many good things to like in your post today, Judy! I love all your wildflower photos! We haven't seen any columbine this year - they didn't even grow in our garden. ;( Your roadrunners are great! I have a collection of them, too - will have to share sometime. I think I like your garden roadrunners better than what I have, though. Love your real mail, too! Hope it's a good day for you and DH.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Boy, that meme from Facebook is just perfect. If only we could disagree and remain respectful, that would solve a lot of problems. The road runner garden art is so cool and a perfect remembrance. I used to love to write notes and letters and had several pen pals as a young adult. That has sort of fallen by the wayside. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteGood morning. Thanks for sharing all those pretty flowers from different parts of the country.I like the crazy metal roadrunner. Real letters? How nice. My reading mojo returned since Covid arrived , I guess. I need a distraction before sleeping at night.
ReplyDeleteI like that your tea is strong enough to be easily identified and I absolutely LOVE that iris photo!!!
ReplyDeleteThose flowers are lovely! I haven't done ice tea lately - I should make some! Funky metal birds are fun. :-)
ReplyDeleteJudy I just loved the flowers you posted! Your meme is perfect! I love hand written cards. I and a family member (who is only a 15 minute drive away) exchange notes all the time. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous flowers. Love the columbine, but then the ditch iris is spectacular reminds me of a sunset, oh and the forget me nots! Good job always keep water nearby to keep hydrated. How nice to have someone who is a great correspondent. Glad you feel like reading. I have had times in my life that I haven't read for long spurts too.
ReplyDelete