
No quilting finish this week. I did get some blocks done for Covered in Love.

I usually try to do 8. There are not “due” til the end of August, so unless I run out of red, white or blue, I should be able to get 8 completed and mailed! They may not all be like these! Lately, my sleep has been interrupted by thoughts of sawtooth stars!
I also finished a second dark blue geese’s migration block and some hollow 9 patches.
But the finish happened yesterday. There is a bit of preface to the project. My DH says I drive every spike in the railroad when I tell a story! (Meaning, in his mind, way too much information ℹ️) I plead “guilty “. So here goes. If it bugs you, just jump to the end. 😆!
Our house faces south, has a small back yard. In fact, it’s mostly deck on the back. Seven years ago we took down a big tree on the west side to add on to the single stall garage. That let a lot of sun in the late afternoon and early summer evenings on the deck. It was miserable to grill out there or enjoy it at all. So 2 years ago, we, ( mostly Mr. Busy), put up a PVC frame and we bought canvas paint drop cloths, folded them to fit and hung them from large wooden rings with clips. Bad idea! Well, maybe good idea, bad execution! The wood rings did not hold up ! They weathered and split and dropped the curtains! Last year we just endured the sun, but didn’t use the back deck much at all! So this week, Mr. Busy, constructed another smaller PVC rod, like a curtain rod. And we measured and I cut the same drop cloths to size. Wow, was I glad for good scissors! I have a pair of Gingher dressmakers shears and they cut through that duck cloth like butter. I used regular quilting cotton thread and a #100 upholstery needle in my Bernina! It was easy peasy ! I had been dragging my feet, sort of!
Shady and breezy ( it is Wyoming, you know)! but a good pic of the PVC contraption!
I’m not pleased with the utilitarian fluorescent yellow tie backs, but sometime you just acquiesce to get the job done. ( You can see them in the photo of the grill) I’ll come up with something else more to my liking before next year.
Last night Mr Busy grilled chicken out there and declared it “ so much better”!
So I'll link up with Alicia at Quilty Girl. Finished or Not Finished Friday. I have a bit of both this week.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy






Pretty blue blocks. Great teamwork on the solution for the patio.
ReplyDeleteI hope your new shade holds up - I am so glad Mike added a covered porch to our house years ago - I use it so much
ReplyDeleteCan't even see the ties Judy! I love that idea of the curtains on the pvc rod!!! Your quilt blocks look great! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteLOL!! That wasn't such a long story, Judy. I'm sure if I had written it, it would have been twice as long! :P
ReplyDelete