Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 8, 2019

Finished!!















When you have some Christmas scraps that are really sort of ugly!  What do you do? You cut them smaller!   Then you look for a free pattern or tutorial and you make a Christmas star/snowflake!



Then you back it with a chunk left over from a long ago project and you use up the leftover red and green uglies in the binding!



I had a comment on the "neutral " square in position 2 of the nine patch above. Yes, it doesn't look neutral here, but it will have to do.

Then you photograph it on your dining room table because it’s 9pm and it's  the only spot in the house with enough light. 


It’s really a large pillow cover, but I don't have a 20 in pillow form. A trip to Joann's is in order or maybe to Walmart, those are my only options here in my small city! Hobby Lobby is in the "coming soon" stage. It can't be soon enough for me!   I’m thinking if taking a bed pillow apart and using it to make  2 or at least one and a half pillow forms.


I 'm linking up with Alycia at Finished or Not Friday and with Sarah at Can I Get a Whoop Whoop!

So:
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


11 comments:

  1. Judy, that turned out so great! I like the sashing and center square in between the star points - it really adds to the design! Looks like a fun way to use up the ugly Christmas scraps. I certainly have plenty of those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really found the perfect pattern to use your scraps. I like the green stripe fabric and the red check and they way they draw your eye toward the points of the star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Great idea and nice way to use up small pieces of fabric, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would not know those were ugly fabrics as your pillow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project (and well in advance of the coming Holiday season!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scrap quilt, and the fabrics you think were ugly were beautiful. That's a great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And I like the no so neutral piece in the corner!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I really really love this one!! and it is perfect for the season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I call projects like yours "silk purses," not because they are silk (or purses) but because you began with a metaphorical sow's ear. I once bought a ginormous bag of polyester fiber fill for pillow stuffing. I hauled that bag from Maine to North Dakota to Illinois and finally used it all up about ten years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say this was a very successful project, since I can't identify any "uglies." That means you did a perfect job cutting them to exactly the right size :) Congrats on a fun finish, done in plenty of time for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure do amazing things with your "ugly" fabric. I love the backing fabric :-) It is a lovely finish and brings holiday cheer :-)

    ReplyDelete