Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Oh scraps equal?



Such a lot of mismatched scraps and chunks in my novelty bin. I saw this block on Sylvia's blog: Treadlestitches.   She had some great fabrics,  made 9 blocks, added a wide border and voila!, a kid's quilt!.

I could do that!  I started to lay out some coordinating fabrics and decided I could make a bunch and take them to my October retreat. All laid out on the portable design board. It worked and I came home with 14 blocks.  Now my dilemma is... do I cut back to  3X3 layout like Sylvia's or make 2 more for a 4X4 quilt top. It's busy and colorful and fun! 




Maybe I'll start with making 2 more, rearrange some of these and then, keep working on my Novelty Bin and make 9 more after that! 

Decisions, decisions!   I'll let you know what I decide.

I'm linking up with Oh Scrap at Quilting is more fun than Housework.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy



5 comments:

  1. Oh, Judy! What FUN you must be having with this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really neat block, perfect for a child's quilt! Great to use up scraps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripes in that one block! But I am all about stripes right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie H. calls this one Chunky Churndash. Such a great scrap-user, as your blocks show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how we get inspiration from each other's blogs!!! Looks like a fun scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete