I'm posting in Alycia's linky party this week.
The QOV is done, except for the label. I washed and dried it with 4 color catchers. They picked up lots of red, from the backing I think.
I have made contact with my veteran recipient and she is tickled. I have known her since she was a little girl, we are friends with her dad. I know she served in the Air Force, several tours I think. Now she is a police officer in our small city. I need to get few more details about her. Our presentation will be in November.
The other “finish “ this week, was a finish of 8 blocks for Covered in Loves September-October block drive. I have been sending 8 blocks every two months for the last 2 years. These are 12.5" unfinished and based on a Split 9 Patch tutorial posted here. The sizes are posted on Kat's Covered in Love tab on her blog. There is plenty of time to join in, just check it out!
I did spend some time cutting fabric for projects to take to a retreat the 3rd week in October. There will be a post about that later in October.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy






Super nice QOV! I love that you know the veteran who will receive it. You are prepping good and early for your retreat! That's a good plan!
ReplyDeleteYour QOV is just gorgeous - the colors are so inviting!! Can't wait to see you wrap it around your Veteran!! and the blocks are really cool!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful gift this will be. Thank you for taking time to honor a deserving person and pass along our thanks!
ReplyDelete