I am slowly going through my purple/lavender scraps. I did not think I had a lot left after En Provence back a few years. But my little shoebox bin is still full!!!
My three purple Tiny Tuesday blocks. Gosh, these have been so great! Challenging, yes, but I feel my piecing and cutting have improved in the process! Thank you, thank you, Angela and the other bloggers who have pitched it with block designs.
And of course, I have the necessary six Bow Tie Blocks. This one is getting close to being able to put up on the design wall and put together.
I have one Scrappy Sprouts block done and one on the mini design board. The one on the bottom is together, the to-be-sewn is on the top.
See the kind of lavender square just to the right of the stem, above. Well, it was in a pack of mini charms I received as a birthday gift. The edges are pinked.
The whole block should be 6 1/2 inches square, which means the outside edge square should be
2 1/4. See how the zig zag pinked edges are outside the ruler. Extra trimming required. Sometimes I make sure the little minis are 2 1/2 inches before I start to piece them. Just a little rant!
That's it for ScrapHappy Saturday!. I will link this up to Angela's post.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Today is another Flag Football game for our 6 year old great grandson. It's 44 degrees right now and its drizzle ing! It's 7:55 AM the game is at 9AM. I don't hold out much hope for improvement. The forecast is for a high of 55



Pretty purple blocks, Judy! Your Tiny Tuesdays are great! My Storm at Sea turned out a little bit too big - maybe because I printed it at the wrong size. I think I can trim up the sashing a little more. I have noticed the same thing with those pinked edges of the precuts- frustrating!
ReplyDeleteI hear your frustration with the pinked edges of pre-cuts. I'm never quite sure how to sew those. Your PURPLE blocks still look really good!
ReplyDeleteIt does seem that the pre-cuts are not 100% accurate. I've had large ones as well as small ones. For supposedly saving time, when my blocks don't measure up I'm actually losing time. Anyhoooo, all your purple blocks are looking good!
ReplyDelete