Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 30, 2019

Finished or NOT Friday August 30





This was a kind of non productive week for me. Maybe I was melancholy because Wednesday would have been my mother's 97th birthday and I am missing her a lot lately. It's been 7 years since she passed, but it's a grief that doesn't go away.

If you read my posts, you know I finished my One Monthly Goal for August! You can see that project here!

I sent off 8 blocks to Covered in Love. The requested block was Red, White and Blue stars, any kind of star.  The only requirement was that they be 12.5" unfinished.



And my challenge for my October retreat is in the final leg of its journey. I do not think my friends read my blog. So I am going out on a limb to show you the progress made on this Scrappy Wild tablerunner.
 I have had this variegated orange brown, gold thread for ages.  Like 10 years....I need to use it up!


 I use the #4 stitch( it's called the running stitch) on my old Bernina, a Virtuosa 153....and lengthened it and widened it to the maximum setting. It is in the black and white dotted sashing fabric.



I stitched straight lines in the dividing HST blocks. They stack one on top of the other to make a rectangle. I did not do each HST individually.

There are lots of thread to bury and I have one more pass on the second sashing and then something in the final border. So no, it is not finished. But it will be, before the end of October. I only do my own quilting on things I will keep, or really small projects. I'm not very good at it.



And then I saw this squirrel!!!! A cute little baby lovey quilt, posted at Treadlestitches. I have lots of pieces of novelty fabric that needs to be used up! 

So I started cutting:

I have 5 blocks in various stages of cutting and ready to sew. Sylvia's little quilt had only 9 blocks, so I am almost more than half way!  That's positive thinking!


So there you have it, all my NOT FINISHED projects. Maybe I'll get something done in September!

Oh and I hemmed a pair of capris and ironed some pillowcases and helped Mr Busy get the camper ready to go to the Black Hills of South Dakota for a few days after Labor Day. I am going to give my brother his Baseball quilt!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy







I'm linking up with Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. I like the covered in love blocks! and now that you have the Halloween one out.... you have a deadline - ha ha - Hope next week is more prodcuative for you!

    ReplyDelete