Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 5, 2019

Oh Scrap! August 4th

Not much to share this week. Our son was visiting from Phoenix. A chance to get out of the heat there and to spend some time with us. He helped out quite a bit around here! 

I did get 4 more stars for the CiL July/August block drive. Red, White and Blue Stars. No other requirements except they need to be 12.5" square, unfinished.

I like doing these!
Three of the colored stars have a background that is the Declaration of Independence. I had only enough left for 24 4 1/2 squares, so the other one is a favorite library card print. I will get these in the mail this week to Kat at Kat & Cat Quilts.

I also did 2 more Shoo Fly Shoo blocks as leaders and enders while building the star blocks.  I am not in love with these. They are 6" finished and I don't think my scraps are working very well.


I have sewn all the pieces I had kitted up, so I will probably go back to using Garlic Knots as leaders and enders till I get enough for a quilt top.

I will post this to Oh Scrap at Cynthia's blog, Quilting is More Fun Than Housework. Hop on over and check out the other link ups.

This morning, I had a minute to sit on the porch with my coffee and enjoy the trees and the sky!




Stay Busy and Stay Happy

1 comment:

  1. Filiżanka kawy na werandzie to prawdziwa przyjemność . Pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete