Orange minky for the back of space ship quilt. I have now reconsidered and ordered a flannel that I discovered at Katie Mae Quilts. I love it more than the orange minky. The light blue print is for a pillow case to go with the quilt. I bought a kit for the quilt at a nearby LQS and was thrilled to find some coordinating fabric on line. Win!! I ordered two wide backs while I was online. ..to get free shipping.
I did start on my purple and lavender slab blocks for RSC18. Looking at these, the lighter lavender floral stripe kind of reads yellow. I will not fix it , because my plan is a crumby slab block quilt for my own family room. Using up stash is what I am after.
I did put all my En Provence blocks on the design wall so I could put the top together for APQ 2018 UFO Challenge #9
I did complete the top for Joseph's Space Ship quilt and ordered backing fabric.
I did start on my OMG February goal. To get these little wall hangings layered and the applique ready for blanket stitches.
As I was going through my photos, I did find a picture of flannel fabric for a self binding receiving blanket for the new granddaughter of my former boss. I did not take a picture of the completed blankie and matching burb cloth. I was so anxious to get it finished wrapped and delivered to the new grandpa, so he could deliver it when he drove to ND to see the baby. I will try to have the new mama send me a photo for my files. I'll share it then. Here is the fabric. The pink monkeys and the light is actually tiny pink dots.
Whew! I got winded just writing this. I see a busy sewing month ahead.
I am linking up with Finish It Up Friday and Finished or Not Friday!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy









Of course it counts as a finish, but I think fabric shopping should count, too. :) You may not have a genuine quilt finish, but you certainly have been busy, and you have such wonderful projects!
ReplyDeleteThanks. I'll take any finish I can get!
DeleteYes, I agree with Snowcatcher. Finding the right fabric is all part of the journey. Your spaceships are adorable and I love that text print fabric! Is that the flannel or the wide back fabric, or is it something else?
ReplyDeleteThe text fabric is a wide back I found while browsing at fabric.com.
DeleteFinish or not, you got a LOT done! I love orange (almost as much as purple), so that kinky appeals to me. But your quilt, your choice and sometimes no matter how hard we try to make what we prefer fit a quilt, it tells us otherwise! Lots of great projects!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog.....stay busy my mama always said.
DeleteThat's a LOT going on in your sewing room!! May next week be a week of finishes.
ReplyDeleteYes indeed! I am hoping for some finishes also. We are planning a week in the sun, the last week in February. So I'm feeling a bit pressured. Thanks for stopping by.
DeleteSo much good stuff going on. Love the space ship quilt it is looking cute! Great crumb blocks I like that one fabric that is a little different.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cathy, for your kind words. I love visiting your blog, thanks for stopping by mine.
DeleteWell, I buy fabric every time I finish a quilt :-) That lighter lavender floral stripe adds a pop of interest in the purple slabs. It is a good idea to keep it. I love the space ship quilt. Happy sewing!!!
ReplyDelete