Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Goals and Challenges

FEBRUARY is my birthday month.  Lots of new goals, challenges and fun.

I'll be linking this post to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal February Linkup.
   

I want to get the fabric picked out, the images drawn and ironed on the background for Olie and Lena. These wall hangings from Patchabilities have been in my UFO basket for way toooooo long. I finished Sven in January. I am adding the fringe to his scarf today.



So that is my GOAL....to get each of them to the place of doing the buttonhole stitch applique. If I get them totally finished, I'll treat myself to an extra Hersey kiss!


And the color for the RSC18 is lavender and purple.  My favorite colors, because as I said earlier, it's my birthday month. I am a Pisces and my birthstone is amethyst. I am making slab blocks from scraps. And I have scraps of purple/lavender, because I made blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery last year: En Provence.

 HST pressed and ready and  this is the blocks laid out and ready to web!


Lots of purple and lavender.  I could be overwhelmed by purple and lavender before the month is over!  EEK!
The February pick for APQ 2018 UFO Challenge was revealed 1/31/18  It is # 9  My list is HERE.
If you don't want to click the link, I will tell you that #9 is to sew together the block for En Provence!  Can you believe that!    Wish me luck.! 


I hope I can get most of these completed before the 3rd week in February. We are leaving to visit our DS in Phoenix for 7 whole days + a day or two of travel. (It's my birthday present to myself.) We will fly, but must drive 2 hrs to the airport that flies directly to the Phoenix area with the cheapest price. Keeping fingers crossed for no winter weather as we travel to our airport and then home again a week later. I am so ready for some sun and warmer weather!

It is sunny here in NE Wyoming today, but there is still snow on the ground and more expected tonight!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy






7 comments:

  1. I do hope the weather is good for your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....I'm sure it will be fine. Snow never used to bother us, but as we get older we get more cautious.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I say celebrate all month long! Have fun with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will be fun and I'll try...try not to stress!

      Delete
  3. love the snowman. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute snowmen! Good luck on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowmen are darling. Good luck getting them to the appliqué point. Are you doing it by hand? It might make a great travel project if you are.

    ReplyDelete