Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 23, 2018

February OMG complete

My February One Monthly Goal was to get these two Patch-abilities to the point of doing the machine applique.  The backgrounds are pieced, the batting and backing layered. The pieces are fused in place. Ready for the buttonhole or blanket stitch. I will do some in black, but most will have the thread matching the pieces. Also, Lena's hat is crazy quilt patched, so I will use some contrasting thread and some "fancy" stitches. Buttons will be added to eyes and eyebrows and mouth will be hand embroidered in black.
Lena and Olie- ready for applique and embroidery details


I am anxious to get these complete and ready to be displayed next winter. I am ready for winter to be over!!!  We are leaving for a week in Phoenix with our son, so I am getting this post ready early. I will schedule it to post on the 23rd. I am leaving my laptop at home. I am hoping to be able to link my post with Patty's finish link up ,using my kindle. In a pinch I will borrow my son's laptop, or my husband's iPad.       http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2018/02/one-monthly-goal-february-finish-link-up.html

Wish me luck:   I hope to be able to link this with OMG Finish at Elm Street Quilts

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

7 comments:

  1. Those snowmen/women/persons are just adorable! I hope you enjoy the warmth of Arizona!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A finish is always good, so is time off from life, have a good trip. I will be glad when winter is over as well. We are having pretty warm weather here, I know it won't last for long good while it last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are two cute snowman. I'm tired of winter too except we keep getting warm spells interspersed with cold, wet, windy weather. Not much snow though.

    ReplyDelete