Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 22, 2026

Slow Sunday Stitching. 2-22-26

 


I’m joining other slow stitchers today. Kathy’s Quilts gives us this opportunity to slow down and put needle and thread to fabric. To breathe and to enjoy. Saturday, I attended a gathering of makers. We call ourselves Quilt Chicks. 🐥. We started out as quilters only, then soon there were members who did embroidery, and counted cross stitch in addition to also quilting . We continue to meet once a month for several hours, but most women do not haul their machine and all the necessary accessories to sew for 4 hours. And with snow and ice on the streets and parking lots it’s just a lot. So now we all bring handwork. 


Top Left: Aggie’s cross stitched temperature tree for 2025. Top Right: Aggie’s and Diana’s trees. Left Bottom: MaryJean’s embroidery coffee cups. Right Middle: my Winter Row cross stitch. Right Bottom: Connie’s Celebrate 250 Years of America. 


I placed more stitches in Winter Row. 


And shared my progress on the octopus biscornu. 



Today I’ll put more stitches in the outlining backstitch on the octopuses. I really am anxious to get this together. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. 




6 comments:

  1. Getting together with friends to stitch sounds like fun! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching projects. Now I have to look for a patriotic stitchery to celebrate the 250th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day with your stitching friends sounds so enjoyable! I love your collage of what everyone is working on. Winter Row is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects everyone is working on! I love your octopus (not sure what the plural of octopus is) LoL Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your snowman stitching project!!! The octopus is coming along beautifully as well. What fun to gather together and branch out your skills! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful it is that a group of stitchers who stitch under the moniker of 'Quilt Chicks' gather together and enjoy hand stitching and conversation. There is beautiful hand work happening at your gathering. Your octopus biscornu is lovely.

    ReplyDelete