![]() |
Sometimes friends give me fabric. Lots of times it’s fabulous. Sometimes I think, “you’ve got to be kidding!” I received a panel years ago and the matching fabric. I have used it. ⤵️
The iconic smiley face, a symbol of happiness and positivity, was created in 1963 by Worcester, Massachusetts, commercial artist Harvey Ross Ball. Commissioned by the State Mutual Life Assurance Company of America (now known as Hanover Insurance) to boost employee morale following a merger, Ball designed the simple yellow face with two black eyes and a curved mouth in just 10 minutes, earning $45 for his work. Despite its widespread popularity, Ball never trademarked the design, and it became a global icon without his financial gain. In 1999, he founded the World Smile Foundation to promote acts of kindness and support children's causes, and the first Friday in October is now celebrated as World Smile Day. The Worcester Historical Museum houses exhibits honoring Ball's legacy, and the city commemorates his contributions with the annual Harvey Ball Award, recognizing individuals who have made a positive impact on the community.
1963 was a good year for me. I met and started dating Mr. Busy. I was a Happy Girl!
I needed to go sort of simple this week. I cut out the 2 large faces. To make a pillow.
I ran out of fiberfill. Not a tragedy, but it snowed and I didn’t want to drive to Hobby Lobby and I am bummed.
Friday: the gym, stopped at Hobby Lobby, home, lunch date, trip to big box store to purchase new washer and dryer, home and a nap! I had 9, 572 steps in. I’m pooped!
The slump continued, the challenge was not met! BOO!
I’ll share at Persimon Dreams anyway.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.

.png)


I love your smiley faces, Judy! Two friends and I exchanged smiley face mugs when we were graduating from high school in 1972. I still have mine, and it still makes me smile to think of those girls all those years ago. Your pillows are a great idea, and we know you'll get them done!
ReplyDeleteI love that you still shared, even though you didn't complete the project by the deadline. It's a great reminder to embrace our imperfections and still find joy in things that don't go quite as planned!
ReplyDelete