Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 30, 2025

I LIKE Thursday 25.4

 



It’s good to stay busy. I’m trying to be better at keeping a journal. I wish I was artist with pen and ink, or paint. 

I ordered this journal from Amazon. I shop there a lot. But lately I’ve been rethinking that. 





Last Thursday I stitched with friends at the Library. We always, always enjoy each other’s company. 

Friday I worked on my mug mat for Project 16.2 Ombré. I had no ombré fabric in my stash, and it was too icky weather-wise to go shopping. I learned Ombré is also the name of a trick taking card game. So a card trick block it was, in graduated hues of blue. 



Mr Busy and I made Chex-Mix on Friday. One batch traditional one batch without nuts. Our daughter has a nut allergy. I sent the whole batch home with her on Monday when she returned to Colorado. 

Saturday our daughter and granddaughter arrived. Then her sister and family came over. We had pizza and played games. 

We talked a bit about the new administration’s first 6 days. We mostly all agree, so there was no arguing. 

I worked on my SAHRR project . So far it looks like this. This  week we are to incorporate HSTs. I’m working on 4 pinwheels. 


I finished 4 pink potato chip blocks. And began working on blue for RSC 25. 


 
We played a few more games of Rummikub with our granddaughter and hugged her goodbye. 
Her dad took her to the airport in Denver yesterday, they got a motel and this morning she had a 6am flight. 

She’ll be home by supper time tonight. 

I need to get ready to attend Thursday Stitchers today, so I’ll close this post. It’s sunny and supposed to be warmer today. Hooray. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful.





Ps. I’m joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to share I Like Thursday. 


4 comments:

  1. I love that meme. I completely agree with it. I also love keeping an art journal for just that purpose. It is a balm to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a good week, Judy! I agree - it's good to keep busy. So glad your daughter and granddaughter got to visit. It's so neat that you have a regular day every week to stitch with friends - that always sounds like fun! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your SAHRR is coming along - and those potato chip blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun projects,I' love journaling as well , every ur I keep one on my garden & flowers, birds,Bible study time, sewing yes I'm a journal junkie🤣 but it's good to look back & now just when the yellow finches will be coming through, or which flowers attract the butterflies etc

    ReplyDelete