Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 10, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching- Christmas Countdown






As I sit in my favorite chair this morning, I’m trying to look to the future.. The way I can cope is to look forward to Christmas. It’s only 45 Days!!  That feels impossible! 


I completed the November design on my Woven Wreath project from Kathy Schmitz. 



I loved learning the wheatear stitch and the fishbone stitch. I’m excited to finish this project!


I unearthed a Christmas UFO that needed to be finished. Hometown Christmas by Sweetwater. 



I loved the black and white border, but could not justify spending money on new fabric, when I had lots and lots of Christmas fabric. Consequently, my fabric didn’t have a lot of black! 

  
I pulled possible border fabric from my stash! Nothing made me happy!  So off to my favorite local fabric store. The owner and quilter extraordinaire, Nicki, suggested these two options ⤵️



I chose the red and black Buffalo check. 


And I started yet another slow stitch. I had this kit and 2 others from Rachel’s of Greenfield in my stash with the intent of Christmas tree ornaments for my Grands and Great Grands. I have more than 6! 



I’m barely started this morning. I started with the Gingerbread Man and have the pieces cut for the Star Snow person and the Santa Face. 



I’m linking up with Kathy’s Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful! 

5 comments:

  1. Warm Hands is a nice little project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the red and black Buffalo check for the borders, Judy! This is such a neat quilt - it deserves a special border. Have fun stitching on those cute mitten ornaments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red and black Buffalo check! That is such a cute quilt.
    I'm finally looking forward to celebrating Christmas this year! Last Christmas we did not have a tree - we sold it after Christmas 2022 - then a couple months ago my husband said "I want a Christmas tree this year". So we bought a nice one on Marketplace, and as soon as Thanksgiving is over, up it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt!it is going to be glorious with that red & black buffalo check !

    ReplyDelete