Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 14, 2024

I LIKE THURSDAY 11-14-24

 



 I’m needing uplifting messages lately!   This time of year, August - early January, are when I’ve lost important people in my life. And for me, the coming of winter is nor a season I look forward to. 


But good things are happening! Mr Busy surprised me  with plans to go to California for Christmas.

I am excited. 😆 

My Holiday/Thanksgiving cactus is blooming. 


Clockwise, top left to bottom left: Nov 1st, Nov 7th and  today, Nov 14th. It’s so pretty this year! 

I’m still reading The Amber Keeper. And next Monday is my Face to Face book club gathering, to discuss Go As A River. What should I read next? Any suggestions? 


I’m joining  LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color to share the good stuff.. 

LeeAnna also gave us a prompt for today.   What’s a favorite Fall movie?


I rarely watch movies more than once, but the prompt made me think of Sweet November. 




Yes, there is not a happy ending, but it’s one I remember. Some favorite actors. Keanu Reeves( before he was Neo) and Charlize Theron ( before she was Snow White) and Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls). I think you can find it on Netflix. 

Maybe we all need a cathartic ugly cry! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful! 



5 comments:

  1. That cactus looks amazing! Yay for Christmas plans. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas cactus looks beautiful. Glad you have a Christmas trip planned. Is that where you have the pretty view of the mountain, with your son?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an uplifting quote!!! and yay!!! have a great time in CA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas cactus is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete