I need to focus on my gratitude! This week there were some things to celebrate!
Mr Busy and I have 5 great grandchildren. Two live just minutes from us. That gives us the chance to celebrate moments like these.
A great grand girl making her own birthday cake.
Then the results:
She did the decorations herself. It may not have been “beautiful” but it was delicious! There were fairy wings to wear and flower crowns.
Do you see the flower crown on Pa’s (Mr. Busy) ball cap? The balloon garland was a hit too!
Monday, I finished the stitching on this Lizzie Kate design called Spring String.
Yikes, the glare! Here’s a closer look at the actual stitching!
I couldn’t get a close up if the entire thing it’s only 10.5 inches but…..
Not sure how I will Fully Finish it. I like the looks of the white frame on the chart cover. But I don’t really have a place for that size on a wall, so I may just do a flat finish, if I can get my friend Christine to walk me through it!
I’m reading this book this week. It’s about the plight of women committed to insane asylums in the 1860s. From the back cover: Kate Moore recounts the stunning true account of one women who fought back against a tyrannical husband, a complicit doctor and nineteenth-century laws that gave men shocking power to silence and confine their wives.” It’s chilling to me, to understand how shockingly close we may be to this kind of thing again!
Yesterday was my State’s birthday. July 10, 1890.
During the same time period as the book I am reading, Wyoming was granting women the right to vote! For that I am grateful!
LeeAnna asked this week:
do you have a favorite summertime drink?
At home, I mostly drink iced tea in the summer. Sometimes Crystal Light strawberry lemonade is in my bottle! Out for dinner, I’ll choose a Moscow Mule, a Margarita shaken, or a local (from South Dakota) wine called Red Ass Rhubarb! Don’t be put off by the name it is a great red with summery fruit touches! 😋🍷
Joining LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color for I LIKE Thursday.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Heathy and Hopeful!




It is so special to have your great grands so close. She did a great job on her cake. Love your Lizzie Kate stitch. I need to learn how to make a flat fold. I have way too many pillows and framing is sooo expensive.
ReplyDeleteI love the cake, and she looks quite pleased with it, too! So fun! Mr. Busy looks cold at the park - did you guys have some bad weather? Your Spring String is cute as can be - now I want to stitch it. My book club read that book - it was sadly fascinating. But I admire so much how that woman never gave up. I'm grateful for Wyoming getting the vote for women in the record books!
ReplyDeleteLOL - that cake is spectacular!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post, Judy. I really enjoy reading about the states and am esp. fond of Wyoming though I've never been. I've read and watched a lot of docs about the conservation programs in Yellowstone, which are important to the world. I also love the little one making her own cake and also the decorations. Yes, isn't it wonderful to be able to take part in such celebrations. Great to have a pretty stitchy finish too! Definitely a grateful post!
ReplyDelete