Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Scrap Happy Saturday. First Aqua blocks




 Luckily there was some sewing this week

I had a goal of 4 Split 9 blocks! But the parts for eight blocks were cut and on my sewing table, so why not? 




I also finally cut one inch 😳 sashing pieces to make a trial block called Square Pegs! In the event you can’t tell it’s a Bonnie Hunter pattern! 🙂 I struggle with little pieces! What was I thinking? Do I need new glasses? A better 1/4” guide? Yikes!


I'm going to have to redo that bottom row. My verticals are way!!!! off! 😖


Then I set a One Monthly Goal for July! I failed April and May, though I finally did get the shower curtain finished and hung up. June I was just lazy! My OMG for July has some aqua, I will quilt this small quilt!



Linking up with Angela and friends at Scrap Happy Saturday   Sharing aqua, teal, turquoise, ocean. pool??? colors this month. 


 Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


5 comments:

  1. Your split 9s look great, Judy! So pretty in aqua. I like that square peg block, too! Hopefully you can get that one spot straightened out. It can be challenging to match sections like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Split 9 blocks, very pretty in aqua. The Square Pegs is a fun block! Like Diann, I would say it's a challenging one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Split nines are my favorite RSC block currently! These are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. The aqua split nines are awesome and yes! Bonnie does use small pieces that I struggle with, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Split 9 blocks are real winners. So many options for layouts. I think I've improved my cutting and piecing by doin more of the small pieces like BH patterns. But sewing the bigger pieces is quicker and so satisfying too.

    ReplyDelete