As an adult, or even a retired adult, now, do you change your routine for the summer? Do you have a grandchild come stay, for instance? Do you go to family yourself? do you tend to stay up later or eat out more, or become more active/less active because of heat? How is your daily routine changed because of the change of season?
My routine doesn’t change much. I do get up earlier because the sun and the birds wake me. And I love to have coffee outside in the morning. We probably eat out more because it’s warmer and we “go” more. Or we are doing outdoor chores and taking lunch to the park.
Speaking of coffee outside on the porch! I was doing just that on Monday morning and had an unusual visitor!
We have had deer, antelope, bunnies, owls and even a snake or two, but never a wild turkey! He even came up on the porch!
Nothing else happened worth taking photos. You might remember that last Saturday I mentioned Mr. Busy was flying RC airplanes. Well, he crashed one of his favorites, Big Red. No photos of that tragedy, but he has been busy repairing it.
I’m reading this little gem! It’s been on my bookshelf for a few years. It’s a collection of short stories with a Christmas theme.
Thanks LeeAnna for giving us this place to remember gratitude! Join us at Not Afraid of Color



I think I get more Spring cleaning done in the Summer because it's too hot to get out🤣 I luv early mornings too & always luv a good read ,we won't talk about how many books I have🤣
ReplyDeleteYears ago we had a turkey in our backyard. It totally freaked me out. We live pretty close to the city centre so where did it come from!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to be retired, isn't it? We can have whatever routine we want. How fun to see the turkey, too! He doesn't look afraid at all. I love Maeve Binchy - haven't read any of her books in a long time. I always to go and live where her books are set.
ReplyDeleteI think my routine changes weekly haha!! A TURKEY on your porch!! that is funny - did he try to come close to you???
ReplyDeleteAww that turkey is so cute! Sorry to hear about Mr. Busy's plane. My summer routine is to accommodate the heat, so I stay in as much as possible and try to stay cool!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope Tom Turkey finds his way back out to the wilderness before Thanksgiving arrives! Lol! He's truly a beauty. Sorry to hear about the plane accident.. Thankfully he's busy reconstructing the aircraft. That should keep him out of your hair and free for sewing all you want! Lol!
ReplyDelete