Happy First Day of Summer!
Usually it is the 21st of June. But this year the summer solstice is early. For the first time in 200 years! There is science for that! Google it if you are interested.
Actually the time is 3:50 pm CST. The day is 15 hours, 13 minutes and 41 seconds long in Chicago, but 15 hrs and 49 minutes in MST , where I live. Now the days start getting shorter and Fall is on the way!
It’s definitely Summer!
In Wyoming the kids are fishingand camping in the back yard!
Did I go to summer camp?
Yes I did. I grew up in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I went to YMCA camp when I was eight. I was terribly homesick. Now we know I was just sick. I ended up with a fever that caused a bout of nephritis.
I went back the next year and we had good times doing arts and crafts, singing songs, splashing in the pond. I also went to Church Camp as I got older. My family camped too. Trips to Yellowstone National Park, and different places in the Black Hills.
I’m sharing at Not Afraid of Color. Hop on over and check out everyone’s answer to LeeAnna’s prompt about summer camp!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Judy

I love the fishing photos! Could be paintings!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy it's the first day of summer, but don't mention fall yet, lol! The kids look like they're all having fun. Camping in the Black Hills with our kids is a favorite memory here, too. We also had a family reunion at Custer State Park in 2001 and that was a blast! Beautiful places!
ReplyDeleteOh, not fun to be sick when you are away from home.
ReplyDeleteI had to Google nephritis, sounds serious! We are in the throes of the typical high pressure ridge with few clouds and boring hot summer. I can't wait for fall. I went to church camp in the hills of northeastern Oklahoma. My friends and I were enthralled with the experience and went back every year. I even became a camp counselor when I was in college - so fun! The big event at camp was the day before camp ended we would rise before sunrise to climb the "mountain" (big hill) next to camp. It was steep and tough, but getting to the top to see the sunrise was glorious.
ReplyDelete