Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 5, 2024

I LIKE Thursday. 4-4-24





I’m sorry this is late. But we had unplanned company Wednesday PM and Thursday morning. Sometimes I have the posts open and add to them, but this week not so much. When my brother called and said he and my SIL wanted to come for a visit, I immediately said, “ Yes, please!”.  We haven’t seen them in almost a year. 

So of course I cleaned! You know, get this dust off the picture frames, and make the guest room welcoming! 

We went out to dinner. It was a disaster! The orders were wrong, the fish tacos were cold, the waitstaff manager accused my brother of being rude! Just awful! We won’t be going back for a while, even though they gave us a gift card to do just that! 

So not a “Like” , but otherwise we had a great visit. 



Another interesting thing that happened family wise. 



Adoption day happened . We added another niece to the family. The toddler in a different SIL’s arms. 



I finished reading Heaven Adjacent and enjoyed it very much. I gave it 5⭐️





And have started this one from the library. I am enjoying this also. Thanks for the recommendation Kathy Kittling of Kittling: Books



LeeAnna gave us this prompt for this week’s I Like Thursday!
Pick a side!

April 4th

Amusement Park or Day at the Beach?   Definitely a day at the beach. Any beach. Caribbean, California, Massachusetts, Lake Michigan, even Pactola Reservoir in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I’m a Pisces, get me to the water! 


We are expecting a winter storm, 6-8 inches of snow and wind. Sounds like a great weekend to stay in and sew or read or binge on a movie ! 


Hop on over to Not Afraid of Color to see how everyone else’s week went! 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


4 comments:

  1. Boo on the restaurant and the 6-8 inches of snow! But glad you got to catch up with your brother and SIL - that always feels good. And wonderful news about the adoption, too! Thanks for the book recommendations- I'll look them up. Happy Friday, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for your family with the new little family member. I know what a joy it is to hear the judge make a little one officially a family member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new family member! Glad you had a nice visit with your brother and SIL. That's a great photo of the four of you! Ugh on the restaurant but I guess it's good you got a gift card out of the mess. Hope you enjoy your cozy time with the snow, while we have high 70s, wind, and clouds today - ick. The weather is probably going to spoil Monday's viewing of the eclipse here in north Texas. Oh well, guess everyone can look forward to 2044 - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m with you - both a Pisces and a beach (any beach) lover. Congrats on the new addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete