Joining Joyful and friends over at The Joyful Quilter for this month’s ABC Table Scraps Challenge
I got a rather late start on my challenge. October has been a pretty non productive month for me. Our local quilt show was the first week end! That was fun.
The I needed to work on my OMG (One Monthly Goal) for October. You can read my goal setting link up post Here.
It was slow going. End of the calendar year brings annual Medicare appointments for both me and Mr Busy. Both of our providers had left the practices where we are patients. That meant new Drs each! A pain!
These annual check -ups led to bloodwork, labs, X-rays and appts for an upper GI for Mr Busy. It got complicated after that. I won’t share details here, but know that many days were filled with appointments and errands and visits to various facilities. I did not spend any time in my sewing room for almost 2 weeks. I finally stole an hour and a half to make a light neutral string block. 7.5 inches square because telephone book pages are already cut to that size!
Then it sat! No photos were taken! Finally, last night, I chose a backing fabric.
There you have it! A Quietly colored, Tiny, Timely decorated mug rug. 😊
And I leave you with this timely photo of this year’s littles. One quiet Master Chief from HALO and a vivaciously cunning ballerina witch! 🧡🧡😍😍
| TRICK OR TREAT! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ! |


A fast and fabulous Fall finish, Judy!! Quietly colored, tiny and timely. Kudos to you with all the medical issues for Mr. Busy! Hope he's doing ok.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you've had that kind of month, Judy! Sending good thoughts to you and Mr. Busy. Glad you got a little bit of sewing therapy in. The neutral string block is such a pretty background for those fall leaves! And your trick-or-treaters are adorable!
ReplyDeleteI am wishing you and Mr. Busy the best during this time. How clever to add the little leaves and the little quilt is as cute as button. Speaking of cute- How adorable are your sweet grandchildren all ready for Halloween.
ReplyDeleteUgh on Mr. Busy's upper GI. Hope everything is going well for him. Hubs has an overnight sleep lab coming up, and I even dread that non-invasive procedure for him. Love that elegant mug rug!
ReplyDeleteThanks for putting a smile on my face seeing that little witch! I like your Quietly Coloured Timely Tiny Mug Rug...great name too! Home the mister gets on okay with the issues...part of our lives these days too.
ReplyDeleteLove your Mug Rug and what cuties!!!! How fun!!
ReplyDeleteHope all the *Busyness* with Docs is over for another year
Hi Judy, your mug rug is really cute - hope November is better than October!
ReplyDelete