Wasn’t very good about feeling gratitude this week. But check with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for some other bloggers who found things to like this week.
I did get Back to School photos of our great grandkids that live in AZ. But their parents don’t like their photos on social media so I can’t share. They are our oldest great grand and our youngest great grand. Thirteen and six. That makes me feel old!
I had a phone call from our youngest granddaughter. She lives In Vermont! They have been having lots of rain and flooding. She and her fiancé are safe, no damage to them or their property. So that makes me thankful! And she is happy! That’s the best part!
I baked a half a cake Tuesday! I’ve never tried that, but it was fine. I have a favorite rhubarb cake recipe, but it makes a 9x13 pan and a yellow cake mix. Way to much for just the two of us. A stitching friend mentioned that she had tried using 1/2 of the ingredients in a box of cake mix. I asked another friend who is a HS Family and Consumer Science teacher. She says they do that all the time in class.
I used Mr Busy’s digital scale, I don’t have one! Weighed the mix, put 1/2 of it away in a plastic dish with a lid and used the other half. Half the liquid ingredients was easy. It called for 3 eggs, I used 1. The Reid a heavy one with rhubarb and extra dug and heavy cream. Nobody missed the 2 eggs. I could have mixed all three eggs together and used only 1/2, but then I’d have had leftover egg. Yes , I could have scrambled it for a quick breakfast burrito! Maybe next time!
Did I say it was pretty? No! Did I say it was yummy? Yes! Mr Busy adds vanilla ice cream, I used SF Cool Whip! It helps even out the calories! Not really! 😂




Yum ! Yum! Looks delicious to me! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. Happy Thursday, Judy.
ReplyDeleteOh that cake - thanks for the recipe! How sweet of your granddaughter to call you. :)
ReplyDeleteIt always feels good to hear from family! Good for you to figure out half a cake! I would never have thought to weigh it - what a good idea. Thanks for sharing the recipe - it sounds delicious! Hope you're enjoying your retreat!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great tip to make half the mix!
ReplyDeleteYes, half a cake mix works fine I have found in the past. You can also buy half cake mixes I've heard. But anyway, doesn't matter as long as it is delicious which I'm sure it was!
ReplyDelete