I'm sharing some things in my life! If you click on Not Afraid of Color you can click on other links to some participating bloggers in this fun meme. LeeAnna is suffering some physical pain and unable to sit long times at her computer. We, I LIKE Thursday posters, will just keep posting the Good Stuff.
When I participated in the Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL sponsored/hosted by Sandra from mmmquilts I was lucky enough to win a prize from Cheryl Brickey at Meadow Mist Designs. My prize was 4 digital patterns. I downloaded them this week. Looking Glass was one of my choices.
I'll share the others as I write I LIKE Posts this month.
Our daughter came for a short visit. She has found a place to begin stockpiling her "things". So she will take a few more totes home with her this trip. She and some friends went camping to Vedauwoo near Laramie WY. She had a wonderful time and that makes me happy!
We are still watching
Hijack on Apple+
Have you watched the first seasons of Sweet Magnolias? A typical chick flick and I so enjoy it. Mr. Busy will watch with me. Afterall, I watch S.W.A.T, , Jack Ryan, Misson Impossible , Justified with him!!!!!
New ruler, Mini Simple Folded Corner recommended by Bonnie Hunter for her new Leaders and Enders block.
I wished I had had my camera handy. Saturday night as we were going out to meet our granddaughter and her family for pizza at Old Chicago, we came to a stoplight not far from our house. The vehicle in our lane was stopped sort of askew. And suddenly he jumped out of the driver side door and ran to the front of his pickup. Turns out he was shooing a mother duck and 8-10 tiny ducklings across the highway. I gave him a two thumbs up as he hurried back into his vehicle the light had turned green. But no one was worried that we had to wait an extra minute. Oh to have had that on tape. 🥰
Tuesday morning I was sitting on my front porch having coffee. It was 7:30 ish. Now the arrival of the garbage truck usually isn’t newsworthy, but here is our truck. It has a name! Hop, Skip and Dump! I smile every time I see that! Last year the city held a contest and each elementary schools got to name a dump truck. You can see that this truck was named by the students at Buffalo Ridge Elementary.
My brother and SIL live on the outskirts of Rapid City SD. They make road trips to the Black Hills regularly. My SIL is an avid photographer and loves wildflowers . Sharing a few of her recent photos.
The photo credit for the white Sego lily, bottom center goes to my brother! ❤️😉








Looking Glass is a pretty design! Congratulations on your win, Judy! I really like Idris Elba - we are rewatching Luther on BritBox, and I think there is a new season we haven't seen yet that we're getting to. Love your story about the guy who stopped for the ducklings, and the kids naming the trash trucks - those made me smile! Beautiful wildflowers, too!
ReplyDeleteOh the quilt pattern looks gorgeous. Awesome win. I don't watch much TV, mostly YouTube science type stuff lately. Great story about the ducklings, we have baby quail running around currently, it is amazing they are so tiny and quail families will live together so you will see a couple of adults and 30 or more babies! The trash hauler made me smile, my new garbage guys are great, they hit my house at 6 am. Love the wildflowers, I have been spying bee balm (I think) all over the cliff sides.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thursday, Judy. Great choice with the Looking Glass pattern. Congratulations. Lol what a clever name for the dump truck. Your garden photos are gorgeous. Love that butterfly. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI just saw that there was a new season of Justified. We're still watching the old one. What wonderful winnings. The wildflowers are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYay for you on your win - I love the look of Looking Glass! That dump truck is so cute. We are just finishing up Ted Lasso and have really been looking forward to Justified. We really should find the old ones and re-watch them. I'll show the flower photos to my Hubs. I've been trying to persuade him that we need to move to South Dakota sometime in the future (really!). We have always wanted to visit the Black Hills, so I said why don't we just move there!
ReplyDelete