Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 27, 2023

May ~ ABC Table Scraps Challenge!


Here we are at the last weekend in May, so time for the ABC Table Scraps Challenge. Angela from So Scrappy chose orange as the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Joyful gave us two letter prompts (F and L) to comply with ABC Table Scraps Challenge. 

Orange has been a color I'm coming up a bit short on lately. As I was working on 2 more crumb blogs to add to the 2  already on the design wall.....there was the start of 2 more.  and then the trimmings started a 5th, which developed into almost a sixth. But I was short just one small scrap, to bring it up to the size of all the rest. 6.5" X 6.5".   So what's a girl to do. I dug into the Halloween scraps. I found a Jack O'Lantern print that's been around for almost 20 years. Score! 

As I was searching through the basket,, I found lots of odd fat quarters. These don’t fit the orange perimeters! 
What will I do with a blue spider print and a multi colored spider print. Then I remembered the fat quarter friendly napkins that Diann at Little Penguin Quilts makes!  She uses this tutorial!

So here they’re are, bot orange but FRIENDLY and definitely not LAZY! Look at all those webs. I think my littles might like them for Halloween month!




But I couldn’t stop there. Those littles have parents! So some 1 yard cuts were cut to FQ size and became these rectangles. Waiting patiently to be top stitched and folded. 



Some FRIENDLY ghosts and mummies. Some LOUD black and orange checks! And these spiders are definitely LAZY!  Not one web to be found!

Table scraps led to something useful from these ancient pieces in my Halloween bin!  Win-win! 


I’m linking up with The Joyful Quilter! 

Come and visit all the Table Scrap participants! 




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



5 comments:

  1. ROFL!!! What a FUN and FRIENDLY way to use up those LEFTOVERS in the Halloween bin!!! SEW not LAZY, at all, Judy! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute and useful too! I love the feel of napkins like yours and these have cute prints too
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun, Judy! I love the different Halloween prints you used. So glad you found my link again. Don't those make nice napkins?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I think you get an A+ for using the letters F and L! Those napkins look so fun, I'll bet they will have a great month of October with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy, those are great - and I see orange in the spider webs!

    ReplyDelete