Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Project Quilting 14.2. Pink










Project Quilting season 14.    I'm linking this post at Persimmon Dreams, sponsor of Project Quilting.

I was unable to participate in 14.1. We have been away from home since before Thanksgiving. It’s a 2.5 day car trip home, and during the last leg of our journey( Sunday the 15th) the prompt for 14.2 was announced.  After we got home and unpacked, I put a load of laundry in the washer and Mr. Busy napped  in his recliner. I decided to read some blogs and check out the PQ prompt. It’s Pink Tint.  I went to bed early, I was tired. But I dreamt of pink and ribbons and possible designs for a mini quilt. 

I had some fabric from a collection gifted me years ago. I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor.  Several of the fabric had a theme of  Quilt for a Cure.   I’ve used 3 of them on 2 giant heart-shaped pincushions.  


An idea started to form. I found a ribbon image on the web. 




It printed at 8.5 x 11 inches. So that lead me to the finished size of 13.5 x 11.  I picked some pink scraps from my pink scrap basket, decided on the neutral above as the background and the blue and pink with pink ribbon design as the backing. Originally I thought to pull the backing around to the front as the binding. I didn’t like it! So went with Frosted Dots in pink. I had to piece it because there was just a chink of the FQ left. Then I tried a different binding technique from Edyta Sitar. I just discovered this 8 year old video. 





It worked really well. Since I was skimping on the binding,  cutting the strips only 1.75” was helpful!

Stitching on the binding was done Tuesday afternoon while an episode of Grand Tour played on the TV. I'm not a fan but it is "noise in the background" and Mr. Busy watches. Then I finished the binding Tuesday night while watching ANDOR on Disney+. 




Ta-Done! 






And hanging on the wall in my sewing space, along with a graphic given to me by my youngest granddaughter and her fiancé and a Circle of Geese made at a retreat many years ago. Looks like I have room for one more on this wall!  Looking forward to PQ 14.3! 






Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



8 comments:

  1. You really did well with the prompt and made a nice mini. Glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's lovely. I really like the positioning of the values of pink around the ribbon to give it depth. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great one!!! Isn't it fun to dream and be able to make it come true! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining in the PQ fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty, Judy! I love all the different pinks you used for the ribbon. It's perfect to hang in your sewing room. I'm so glad you are a survivor! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy I love this! Looks like your dream paid off - the shape and the fabrics really make the ribbon pop, and it is such a lovely, positive reminder on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wall hanging is so great and lovely on the wall for sure. A great reminder that you won!!!!!

    ReplyDelete