I'm joining LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color to talk about things we like and also the prompt for this week. It's COLORS!
Entertainment.
Mr Busy and I are still watching Suits, when we both sit still! Our DD, DS, and the two of us have one more episode of Andor to watch together. Then we will have to wait for 1923 to come back from “winter break”
I really want to see A Man Called Otto, starring Tom Hanks. It is based on a book titled, A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. It was a great book.
I finished reading this very thought provoking and wonderful story. I highly recommend it!
Nothing wonderful happening in the kitchen lately. I did use some leftover turkey from the freezer to make turkey rice and vegetable soup. DD caught a cold, or RSV or some upper respiratory thing! The soup was good and she's better now. Not saying the soup did it, but it sure didn't hurt!!! hahaha!
Prompt from LeeAnna : she wrote...
"what are your favorite colors? Do you wear them or decorate with them? Is there a specific color your family would say is your favorite? has it changed in the last few years? Is it influenced by the seasons? Did your color favorites change when you moved, for instance I grew to accept earth tones after moving to Colorado. I grew up in Florida and still like saturated colors. I think the quality of sunlight affects how you perceive color. I remember moving from Florida to the Washington DC area and feeling like a displaced peacock. More muted colors were worn in the midatlantic."
My answer:
I like most fall colors in decor. Our living room has sage green walls, cognac brown furniture. Mostly. My sewing room is pale sage with purple accents. Our master bedroom is a buttery gold with one accent wall in Avocado I have a very colorful quilt on our bed. We've lived in our house since 1988, it is small and cozy.
I used to wear lots of golds, greens, browns, rusty reds. But since I’ve gone gray, though most think I’m blonde, I can wear brighter more intense colors. Turquoise, plum, tomato red, charcoal . I still say my favorite color is green. Lime, spring, sage, forest, avocado even army green, and I like aqua and turquoise in the summer.
I truly like all colors. I can’t honestly say that there is one I hate! But I don't really care for Mauve! I'm sorta over mauve and country blue!


I like color as well. I've see some decor in whites and creams but it doesn't speak 'comfort' to me. I like things clean but not too sterile.
ReplyDeleteYes, what is not to like about turquoise!
ReplyDeleteI really loved that book, too - I think everyone in my book club did! I'm hoping to see A Man called Otto, too. The book was good, and anything with Tom Hanks is sure to be good, right?! Your house sounds warm and comfortable, Judy!
ReplyDeleteI look sickly in mauve but like it just not in clothing. I have to go looking for your book and want to see that movie too!
ReplyDeleteanon indeed! I'm LeeAnna
DeleteSage and purple are a great combination.
ReplyDeleteYour living room sounds gorgeous, as do the rest of your rooms. And pale sage with purple accents I would love!
ReplyDelete