Good Morning! I'm here to tell you a bit about last week. What Mr. Busy and I are doing and what makes our lives pretty darn good! First, we have been enjoying together:
Entertainment:
Joe Pickett on Spectrum Originals. If you like C.J. Box as an author, this follows the book pretty faithfully! If you aren’t a Spectrum customer, it’s an app available on some devices. I hope that it will be on some other widely available service in the future. Watch for it!
Sweet Magnolias has returned to Netflix for season 2.
I had to go back to the last episode of season to remember why Kyle was in Tyler’s car, cause Season 2 opens with everyone at the hospital!
Cobra Kai…Season 3 still watching. Will Daniel be able to save his dealership? Will Kreese get his "comeuppance". Will Miguel and Sam and Robby be friends?
And we have been watching some Olympics, too! GO !USA!
Catch-22. with George Clooney . A satire of sorts! Kind of fun!
Food:
It's Comfort Food time of year. I found a few less than fresh hamburger buns on top of the fridge. Sometimes stuff gets put up there off the counter and forgotten! So I decided to make bread pudding! It a favorite of Mr. Busy. I don’t do it often. I decided to bake it in a ceramic quiche pan. I thought it would look pretty. Sometimes it's all about "pretty"
Ready for the ovenOut of the oven, 45 minutes later! It was puffed up almost spilling over the sides of my quiche pan! It did sink as it cooled. Served it with homemade Rum Sauce and ice cream after dinner on Tuesday. It's good, but not great. The ice cream and rum sauce made it almost yummy, but it is thin. Next time, I make it in a square cake pan,.
I have been trying to catch-up in my sewing room. HST, Crumb blocks, happy blocks for some RSC projects. My Table Scraps for this month is sort of labor intensive so that is taking time, but it is coming together and should be done. No photos! Ok, just a peek!
Of course there is laundry, kitchen cleaning, and cooking. Also been gathering income tax information! I’m not a fan of that chore. But on the gratitude side: I have a roof over my head, a house to clean, clothes and a place to keep them clean, and a financial situation that is enough to provide for us. And allows us the privilege of extras, like fabric, wine, puzzles and lunch out! I need to remember that is not true in many parts of the world or even in our community. We are blessed.
I hope you will hop over to LeeAnna's I LIKE Thursday post at Not Afraid of Color and click on the links to see others who post about their likes and the good stuff in their lives.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!!

I think Joe Pickett is a show we would like - maybe we'll find it on one of our services sometime. Mr. Busy sounds a puzzle scientist! It's a good hobby to have, especially in the winter. I like your list of "essentials" lol! Wine and guacamole are on my list, too. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Joe Pickett!! I love those books. Darn, I'm not a Spectrum customer but Sue's Mom is. We might need to have a movie night with her. Lots of newsy news! Your errands sound fun to me - yum to grapes. It's cold here, too. I'm wrapped up in a quilt - shocking, I know. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteThat bread pudding looks good! Yay for crumb blocks (I find them fun to do).
ReplyDeleteGood looking bread pudding!!! Your crumb project looks like it is coming along!!! Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love the CJ box books. The bread pudding looks yummy. I did my taxes at the end of January and already got my refunds. Yeah, just in time to pay property taxes, and home insurance. Sigh. Oh Alberstons, my great grandmother used to shop there for groceries when I was little. Your chicken strips sound yummy. Great likes, and you are right to remember you are very fortunate. I try to remember that too.
ReplyDelete