Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 18, 2022

(Finally) Finished or Not Finished Friday

 


I’m linking up with Alycia at Finished or Not Finished Friday.  


This counted cross stitch project has been ongoing, set aside, picked up again, stitched on, put away, and so on and sew on for years! Now it is done. 




 

It’s laundered, pressed and mounted in a red lacquer tray frame. It will hang on the dining area wall during the Christmas holidays, 2022. For now it is packed away with other Christmas decor. 


It has a glass in the frame to protect the stitchery, but I won’t use it as a tray. The tray frame was purchased from Sudbury House, when I started the stitching in 2001. It was recommended for the stitching by the magazine the cross stitch chart was published in. They still sell tray frames, but not this style. I am very pleased with the finished product! It took Mr Busy and me, 4 tries to get it centered, square and straight on the backing board. He even go out his micrometer, to measure from the frame inside edge to the red X’s surrounding Santa Baker! Love language comes in lots of different forms! Not always chocolates and roses!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this amazing finish. Your stitching is beautiful and you and your hubby did a great job framing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! GORGEOUS!!! It really turned out nice, and that pretty tray surely enhances all your careful stitching. You did a fabulous job. {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on the love language--too true!!! Great job on finishing and framing your cross stitch, Judy!!! It looks like very dense stitching. I like that you added your initials and years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure! I love this cross stitch project. It looks perfect all framed. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute!!! and !! now you are totally ready for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete