Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

I LIKE Thursday #81

 

I LIKE THURSDAY!



Good Morning Positivity Posters! I’m joining  LeeAnna @Not Afraid of Color. She give us a place to share, to express gratitude, to put a positive spin on the little things! Visit the bloggers who do the same. LeeAnna shares a  of those who want to participate. 


Food:



I made Zero Point WW Vegetable Soup on Sunday. I’ve been eating it most days for lunch. It fills me up, it warms me up on these cold days. I don’t follow the recipe exactly “ it calls for Swiss Chard. That’s hard to find in the winter in my grocery stores. Sometimes I leave it out all together, some times I substitute spinach or kale. I did learn a trick from a fellow quilter about spinach in soup. Add it fresh to every bowl. The hot liquid wilts it just right and then you don’t have “slimy” spinach in your pot of leftover soup! It works great!



I ordered some spices from Penzys Spices last week and they were delivered on Monday! My sister was a fan and introduced me to them. I like one called Arizona Dreaming. It’s salt free, has a hint of cocoa in Mexican flavors! Good! My sister liked Fines Herbs. (Chervil, parsley,French tarragon and chopped chives) I also ordered 33rd and Galena, a chicken and pork rub, Mural of Flavor, also salt free, and Mulling Spices, because!! 



News:



We have a new quilt shop in our area. It is 100 miles away, but on the way to Rapid City in the town of Spearfish SD. We Wyomingites are used to traveling to shop! I haven’t been there yet, but probably will as the weather warms up and traveling is easier! 


Entertainment: 


Mr Busy is working on a puzzle. I look over his shoulder now and again, but he is doing most of it! 


We finished watching Yellowstone Season 4. Love the scenery, love Kevin Costner, Kelly Reilly plays her character so well! Beth sure does have  “potty mouth”! Oh my! 


Then we picked the series Cobra Kai! It’s a take off on The Karate Kid with Ralph Macchio. Ralph Macchio is Daniel LaRusso all grown up. It’s definitely a family friendly story, and fun! 




We also watched…..The Tender Bar on Amazon Prime. 


I liked it. There was a need for a hanky near the end! ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️



And I’m catching up on This Is Us, and Chicago Wednesday. And The FBI was new on Tuesday! Now the Olympics will be starting on Friday the 4th through February 20th! Lots of Slow Stitching time as I work on the counted cross stitch project! 


 I am playing in the Aqua/ Teal bucket! 






Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 




7 comments:

  1. I love Yellowstone also even though some of the characters are really kind of evil - but yet you don't hate them! I watched the Tender Bar also and loved it and the music that was in it. We used to travel long distances to go shopping when we lived in Idaho but here I hate to travel that to go to a quilt shop. I'm not used to it anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judy, I love your teal scraps!! Thanks for the tip about spinach in soup!!! Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Penzey's spices, too! A new quilt shop to visit - that's always fun. When my son went to Chadron for college, we would always go up to Rapid City and the Black Hills for fun when we visited him. How is Mr. Busy's back doing? Hope he is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of likes. I pulled soup out of the freezer today too. Oh cool a new quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always fun to get new spice! Looks like a nice puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, Yes. that is exactly how I add spinach to my lentil soup. I love how you say 100 miles and "in our area" to mean the same thing. It is all about our perspective and yours is upbeat and sparkling. Thank you so much for your support of my Etsy shop. Lots of Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your soup looks delish, Judy!!! And the bowl has a cut out for the spoon? Your new spices look tempting! Having a new quilt shop in your "area" is always a fun thing!!! I'm working on my aqua/teal tonight, also!!!

    ReplyDelete