Heartland is a quilt top/ or flimsy! There was some measuring and some math, but I got the sixth row on the bottom and the 3 places where I had to piece fabric are not too noticeable. As I look at it now, i probably could have left off the last row off and had a quilt. 42 x 52. It would have made an ok throw for over your lap or for someone in a wheelchair.
I dug through my tote of donated larger fabric scraps and stash! I auditioned 3 possibles.
1. A large cheery garden print.
2. A combination of same line prints..but the tiny prints don’t really look good with the front!
They are good together...in a different project!
3. This was a piece I picked up in the sale bin at our LQS. They closed in 2014! It needs to be used up and it looks good with the front of the quilt! As I was pressing it, the selvage says..Panzy Pazazz by Janet Broxon for P&B Textiles 2006. So it must have been on Bonnie’s (owner of the shop, who passed away in 2013) shelf for a while too! And I’m sure it was an end of bolt, as wrinkled and off kilter the inside fold was! Yes! Time to use it up!
This is the one and there was 3 yards in the package! Perfect! The back is seamed along the trimmed selvage edges and now I need to check with the long arm quilter!
I'm linking up with:
Click the link and see what other quilters have finished this month.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




Just caught up on your posts, Judy. I love that pitcher and how lucky to have pancakes with the treat of lingonberries. I've bought them at Ikea and like them very much. You keep busy with your wonderful projects. How neat to use up fabric that has been homed with you for a while!
ReplyDeleteYour work is so nice!
ReplyDeleteVery nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.
ReplyDelete