It was 62 degrees a few days last week! Spring is coming and with it of course DST. I will hang this Spring wall hanging on the 15th. Spring's official day is the 20th...but I figure Spring Forward !! Right?
I baked cookies to take to my brothers!
It's a old favorite recipe from our paternal grandmother. Boiled Raisin cookies.
We are still working on puzzles.
Started this one Sunday , Feb 28th
I started going through a chest my brother-in-law made for me years ago, I found knitting needles. They are now in a tote with other knitting stuff. Like things need to be together!
And I discovered this! A crocheted purse or reticule made by my grandmother. It has a dark brownish stain. I soaked it in tepid water with Dawn. It did not help. Then I remembered I had some quilt wash purchased at a quilt shop. I soaked it in that. It helped alot.


I love your reticule~! I would probably put it in a shadow box to preserve it, especially because it was your grandmother's. So glad you were able to clean it up! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty reticule and how cool it's made by your grandmother. So glad you found a way to remove most of the stain. It's a beautiful keepsake.
ReplyDeleteI love the reticule! What a treasure to find. Those boiled cookies intrigued me, so I looked up a recipe on food.com. I usually soak raisins in hot water to make oatmeal raisin cookies for my husband (I pick the raisins out of mine - lol!), so it is similar. I will try boiling them next time.
ReplyDeleteLOL so I have a puzzle board with drawers, and some sorter boxes. I am not quite as bad as hubby. Wow the reticule is lovely! Are you going to shadow box it? Your cookies look yummy.
ReplyDeleteThe cookies look delicious! The doilies purse is charming. It gives me the idea to look in my doilie bin.
ReplyDeleteHappy Jigsaw Puzzling!
Hooray for the Spring-like weather! We've been enjoying it, too - even while gearing up for this storm. Mr. Busy's puzzle strategy is pretty amazing! So glad you found a way to wash your reticule - it looks good!
ReplyDeleteBut what fun random! I sure hope you saved a few of those cookies for yourself - they look so good. Your little Spring quilt is perfect and right on time, in my thinking! Oh my, you have quite the system with your puzzles. We put one together this winter; it took us forever. It is done and we Modge Podged it and made it into a poster for our daughter. It looks pretty cool!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! I think Mr Busy does have a wee bit of OCD in him!! Those boiled raisin cookies sound fab - YUM. Wow - the purse came really clean with whatever you used on it! It's a beautiful piece. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteCookies! Although I've never heard of boiled raisin cookies. Pretty crocheted purse. Yay for spring!
ReplyDeletelove the cookies! I am making an apple pie this weekend to use up apples that are getting old - I have tried really hard to this past year to not bake a lot the whole time we have been home as hubby needs to watch it.
ReplyDelete